We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

Which Wildwood Crest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vernon, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

I can't find vacancies at the beach front motels. Can anyone recommend a great Do-Wop motel across the street from the beach? If can't be beach front, I want to be as close as possible. I want something clean, family-oriented, and classic Wildwood.

Thanks for your help : )

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

You didn't mention what motels you checked vacancies in.

Did you try the Caribbean, they are the poster child of DooWop motels. http://www.caribbeanmotel.com/

Vernon, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

I checked out the Adventurer, Apollo, Royal Hawaiian, etc, but they don't have vacancies the days I can get away. This is a last minute get away! We prefer "Retro Wildwwod', if possible.

The Caribbean looks awesome! Have you stayed there? : )

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

I have a summer place in The Wildwoods, I have visited several groups of friends who stay there. Some of them refuse to stay anywhere else, the owners and staff are awesome.

They often have the 'no vacancy' sign light, so I suggest you move quickly.

Enjoy!

Vernon, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

I called there last night, but they don't have vacancies the days I need. I'd like to stay there in the future though. Looks real cute!

However, I was able to book rooms at the Sand Dune Motel. It got good reviews here and looks nice. Are you familiar with it?

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

Never stayed at the Sand Dune, but the place looks decent and somewhat well-maintained.

Did you try calling the Jolly Roger?

Vernon, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

Thanks, but I already booked the Sand Dune. I hope it's clean and family-oriented. : )

7. Re: Looking for a Great Do-Wop Motel close to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest