We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

Hi everyone - what's the best bet these days for a married 30- and 40-something couple with no kids in eary September?

We were thinking of Seapointe Village, Port Royal, El Coronado or Bal Harbour. We stayed at the Bal Harbour a few years ago and liked it but the rude/inhospitable manager and her staff, many rules and regs, and the lack of a lid on the toilet (were they worried vacationers would break it???) turned us off.

We stopped in to take a look at Seapointe Village last week and loved the property, but they don't have anyplace to store bikes (we love bicycling to breakfast and it won't be feasible to keep our bikes on the back of our car for the whole week), and we're not thrilled at the idea of washing towels & sheets and cleaning the condo before we leave.

Port Royal looks ok but we've read some disheartening reviews of it. Same with the El Coronado.

Anyone have recent (this summer) experience at any of these properties? We'd appreciate any input.

Thanks for your help!

new jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

just got back from a 3 day stay at the adventurer a great place at a reasonable price

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
162 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

Just got back from a week at the Port Royal. I can't imagine why anyone would say anything bad about this place. Many of the rooms have been updated with the ocean front rooms getting a full renovation this winter. The views are fantastic, the service is professional and it is in a great location right on the beach. I know I've read some reviews say the front desk was rude, but I found them all very charming. One gal is quiet, and I think she may come across as "rude" when in fact, she is really a very nice gal.

I would highly recommend the Port Royal and I believe they have bike racks as well.

Seapointe Village looks very nice too although I've never stayed there (tough to book in July when I visit - as is the PR, where I think I will have to will my reservation when the time comes - it is the only way in during peak) - it is run by the same Morey family of companies as the Port Royal, in fact.

I doubt you would be disappointed by either choice.

Have Fun!

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

Thanks both of you for your input. We'll be back for the day this weekend and will check out your suggestions and hope to put a deposit down before we leave.

FYI, last weekend (yes we only live about an hour or so so we're down pretty often!) we also checked out Royal Hawaiian, Reges, El Coronado... we loved the Reges BUT they had no vacancy for the days we're looking at.

If anyone else has any additional input, it would still be appreciated. Many thanks!!

4. Re: Best Bet in Wildwood Crest for Married w/no kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest