We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town to Addo and back

New South Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cape Town to Addo and back

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place:

Hello All - I would like to thank you all for the wonderful information I have collected from forums I have read over the last few months. Last year DH & I planned this trip, fortunately did not book anything because we arrived in Cape Town and discovered both the R62 and Garden Route were closed due to farm workers disputes. We will be going again and arriving at the end of November. We will be planning a trip to Addo:

Day one: Bothasig, Robertson, Barrydale & Willomore overnight at the Willow Historical Guest House

Day two: Willowmore Steytlerville (DH loves vintage cars), Kirkwood for provisionsAddo main camp overnight

Day three: Addo ,Jefferies Bay, Stormsriver, Plettenberg overnight Alkantmooi Self Catering accommodation

Day four: Plett, Kynsna, Wilderness, Agulhas cottages overnight

Day five: Agulhas, Hermanus, home Bothasig in Cape Town

DH & I will be travelling with my mother so need accommodation with two bedrooms. Staying one night at each venue I am sure is not ideal but as I would like to move along, it would be best.

WOULD LOVE ANY COMMENTS ON ABOVE BEFORE I BOOK THE ACCOMODATION (Addo and our flights are all booked already) :)

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

Your trip is fine,but remember your are traveling a long way to Addo. Thus staying one night only sort of shortchanges your experience in the park. Relax. Stay another night. Since you appear to have a tight timeframe,cut the night at Agulhas and use it for Addo. If you are unable to secure an additional night at Addo then stay two nights in Plet. There is so much to do and see in the area.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

I have to agree with Willem, to drive all the way to Addo and only stay for 1night is not really comfortable. You will spend more time on the road then enjoying comfort at the same time. Rather spend another night in Addo and cut out Cape Agulhas.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

New South Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

Thank you very much - I think I will stay the extra night at Plett and cut out the Agulhas night.

Do you have any ideas of self-contained 2 bedroomed accommodation in the area which we can book for the 2 nights. I am only able to secure Alkantamooi in Plett for one night, would be better if we could stay both nights at one venue.

Once again thank you for your input.

Jenny

New South Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

Sorry, it would now be 3 nights in Plett....... :)

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

Jenny, I unfortunately cannot recommend any specific place primarily because iI have not stayed in Plet for some considerable time. Alkantmooi is about 10km or so from the CBD in the vicinity of Keurboomsriver. The Keurbooms River Lodge is also in that area so you might check them out. Other than that I suggest you search www.safarinow.com or www.plettenbergbay.co.za or www.roomsforafrica.com. Or simply google "accommodation in plettenberg bay" and you will find a serious array of suitable places. You could even consider Knysna. (about 37km from Plet)

WK

6. Re: Cape Town to Addo and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Addo Elephant National...