We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation just outside KTP

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation just outside KTP

we'd like to spend our next easter holiday once again at KTP; however at least the easter weekend itself is already fully booked out (except camp sites which we're not interested in)...so right now we'd like to find something else, close to the park, in the same price range (meaning no more than 900 R per night for two adults and one child). It'd be perfect if game drives were possible as well, be it self drive or guided.

one other thing that interests us: how easy or difficult is it to drive from Mata Mata to Namibia? do you need to pre-arrange anything or can you just drive through (with a passport, of course)? is it possible to take the road to Namibia on a 2X4 or are only 4X4 suitable?

thanks

Edited: 31 May 2010, 19:05
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation just outside KTP

The only thing about I know about Mata-Mata is that you are supposed to spend 1 night in the park to be able to use the Border Post. But, they might make an exception for you, as you cannot spend a night in the park.

I havent driven the road on the Namibian side, but the gravel roads in Namibia are generally in excellent condition, so I would expect that one to be similar.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation just outside KTP

I know about the rule of having to stay in the park before you cross the border - no problem for us, because we will have a few nights there before and after the Easter Weekend. The only problem is the Easter Weekend itself.

3. Re: accomodation just outside KTP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Kgalagadi...