We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Any suggestions pls, Grand Provence, French Connection or Reuben's for my last dinner in Franschhoek.

Thanks...

Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Hi Patricia,

Im going to franchhoek next month as part of honeymoon, can you let me know what restaurants you liked there? Nice places in the town....Did you enjoy capetown?

I know its not answering your question sorry!

Iv been told the tasting rooms or Reubens.....

Thanks

Kne

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

I would say NOT the French Connection.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Agree with Macsym, you can do better than the FC (or Ruebens)

I guess it would help to know where the first or second dinner was...but I'd lean towards Mon Plasir at Chamonix, Bon Vivant or the Tasting Room if you haven't been there already.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for you help!!!!

I am going to stay 2 nights in Franschhoek, the first night I am going to Le Bon Vivant for dinner, next day to La Peite Feme for lunch. Any suggestios for dinner pls.

Gauteng
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Reubens or Villas @ Franschhoek

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Patricia

Of the three restaurants that you mention, IMO Grande Provence stands head and shoulders above the others. We had lunch there before Christmas and the food had improved immesureably. Also a lovely elegant setting with artworks to match - although a bit higher priced than other comparable Winelands places. If you are already booked at Le Bon Vivant it would get my vote.

Last time we ate a Reubens it was distinctly ordinary - or maybe not quite that good!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

Hi,

Any suggestion pls Mon Plasir or Grand Provence for dinner,

Thanks very much!!!!!

8. Re: Last Dinner in franschhoek!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 07:16