We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Petite Ferme - Manor House Standard Suite

Which Franschhoek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
7 posts
Save Topic
La Petite Ferme - Manor House Standard Suite

Hi my husband and I are plannign a three night stay in the winelands in August and our agent is recommending 3 nts at La Petite Ferme -Manor House Standard Suite. There seem to be many differing opinions on this place. Does anyone who stayed here have thoughts?

Also how far from downtown and the restaurants? Are cabs available?

Thanks!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Petite Ferme - Manor House Standard Suite

I have been to La Petite Ferme several times for lunch - I have not stayed there but did ask to see one of the rooms . I am not sure whether it was a Standard Suite but it looked very nice and the view was stunning - Actually looking at the website I see the Manor House suites are new so it must have been a cottage I saw.

LPF is about a mile up the hill from the main town - too far to walk back uphill on an unlit road with no pavement IMO. There are no formal taxi services in Franschhoek but you may be able to arrange a transfer with LPF as they do not serve dinner and so are not competing with the town restaurants - it's an easy self drive of course and out of the peak season (Dec-March) car parking in F is fairly easy at night

2. Re: La Petite Ferme - Manor House Standard Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 22:17