We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Which Franschhoek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
35 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

I am planning a 50th birthday celebration for my husband next year 2014. I have invited a group of family and friends to join us and we are now 15 people travelling from England. We will need 6 double rooms and one triple. The dates for the celebration are arrival on 26 Feb, for 5 nights, departing on 03 Mar

Can anyone suggest a suitable property that could accommodate our group in style. It would need to be serviced accommodation and not self catering and preferably in or close to Franschhoek.

Thank you in anticipation

Deb

Swellendam, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Deb, hello!

I know you said no to self-catering, but these villas are fully-serviced, butler-ed and within walking distance of the village. They offer a driver within 5km radius. They will also organise a chef and staff for your 50th special dinner and I'm almost certain that they will offer a negotiable rate for a long stay and exclusive use... Speak to Peggy at La Clé des Montagne. She is super helpful and the villas are remarkable.

What an exciting, wonderful thing to do and thank you for choosing South Africa! Happy planning!

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
35 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Thank you very much for the information, I have had a look at this property and the villas look stunning. I will make an enquiry. Thanks again.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
955 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

We always stay with $haron @ The Coach House in Franschhoek. She is a great host and they have, I think, 7 rooms which you could maybe book the whole place. Its 5 minutes from the main street which has lots good restaurants.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Have a look at the following links, maybe there will be something on that you might like: www.safarinow.com & www.franschhoek.org.za .

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Edited: 02 April 2013, 17:51
Swellendam, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Oh, I hope it works out, Deb. SUCH a treat!

x

Franschhoek, South...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Hi Deb

i am the "Peggy" Alison referred to in her reply regarding a location for your husband's 50th. La Clé would be a perfect fit for your special occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more details.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
35 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Thank you all for your advice. I have now booked the Franschhoek Manor which i know is going to be a great venue.

Thanks again

Deb

Swellendam, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

Have a wonderful special birthday celebration Deb!

9. Re: Venue for 50th birthday for group of 15 friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:17