We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine estates in Franschhoek

Pretoria, Gauteng...
2 posts
Save Topic
wine estates in Franschhoek

I've heard amazing things about wine estates in Franschhoek - what makes the visit to these places so special? Why should I visit them? What kind of an experience can expect when I get there?

Thanks, Lerato

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine estates in Franschhoek

What makes Franschhoek so special is the scenery. Franschhoek is a quaint romantic town and a number of vineyards have idyllic locations. Also Franschhoek is famous for it's restaurants. This is a perfect town if you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway.

But, if you're planning on visiting the Cape Winelands then Stellenbosch and Paarl really are worthwhile visiting and on the outskirts you will also find exquisite vineyards in stunning settings!

Regards

Michelle - Owner - Cape Town Guide

Pretoria, Gauteng...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wine estates in Franschhoek

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for the feedback. Sounds breath taking.

Do you have any recommendations on what I can go and see? I will be there for 2 days, Friday and Saturday fly back to Joburg, however, I want to experience a little of the area. I have about 6 hours to kill before I can go back to the airport and I will be in the Franschhoek town in one of the lodges overnight. Perhaps a restaurant or two that you could also recommend?

Many thanks, Lerato

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine estates in Franschhoek

Staying in Franschoek is the ideal place to be in. Restaurants that i can recommend will be Reuben's, Taki's and also Dutch East. The best suggestion that i can recommend to kill time is to go on the Wine Tram, their office is in the main road and you get to start at the office.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine estates in Franschhoek

My favourites are:

The Grande Provence restaurant

Reubens

Bread & Wine

Have Fun!

Regards

Michelle

5. Re: wine estates in Franschhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:17