We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Gili Air

2 posts
Trip to Gili Air

Hi everyone,

With a friends, we are planning a trip from the 17th to the 22nd June. We were mainly planning a beachtrip and relaxing. We were thinking about Seminyak but we would love to go to Gili Air as well since it looks amazing. The only thing holding us back is that it makes a lot of transportation for the short trip. Do you have any recommendations? Is Gili Air a must? Is it a hassle to take a boat from Serangan to Gili Air?

Thanks is advance, feel free to share all your tips:)

4 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Trip to Gili Air

And also in Seminyak, we were thinking of staying in Dash Hotel. Any experiences that anyone would like to share?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,132 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Trip to Gili Air

Only 5 days I wouldn't say it is worth the trip. How many nights did you want on Gili Air.

Boats go from Serangan and Padangbai and from either place you would get free pickup and dropoff on return from any "southern resort" hotel. Boats out of Padangbai are cheaper. You can get to Gili Air by 10:45 but on the return you'll spend most of the afternoon. A good 4hrs all in all.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Trip to Gili Air

i do agree that going to gili air with such a short time frame is a waste of time

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Trip to Gili Air

Gday I think it wouldn’t be enough time to do Gili air and Seminyak. We spent 3 nights on Gili air in March and loved it, it’s so different to Bali. We actually flew into Lombok with Garuda for $40 and got a taxi and a ferry to Gili. As for Dash we stayed there on our last night in Bali and its awesome, Really unique and funky. Great prices too. If you do stay there check out the rooftop pool. Have a great holiday!

Reply to: Trip to Gili Air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted