We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take to get from Ubud to Amen

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How long does it take to get from Ubud to Amen

Hello,

I am finalizing my trip and wanted to get an idea how long it takes to get from one city to another.

How long from Ubud to Amed?

How long from Amen to Nusa Dua?

How long from Nusa Dua to Jimbaran?

Any estimates would be helpful. I assume we'll likely be traveling via a taxi/cab.

Thanks!

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take to get from Ubud to Amen

Hi there

Bali doesnt really have cities. It is all quite small,

Denpasar, the capital, is really the only place you may say is a city.

Ubud to Amed is a 2.5 hr drive

Amed to Nusa Dua is 3 hours

Nusa Dua to Jimbaran is 30 to 40 mins.

Cabs are generally small sedan cars. It is better to hire a driver, who will have a larger/higher vehicle for the longer jouneys. You will get a much better view of the countryside. Private drivers are usually more educated about the culture. If you choose a driver from the T/A list, they will also have some english.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does it take to get from Ubud to Amen

Hi,

There is only one city and it is Denpasar, the rest are more like villages.

Kabirgirl was pretty accurate with the driving times, in my experience that is how much time it takes me when I'm driving.

On that subject, if you want to experience Bali and enjoy the view while driving around, do take a driver. Driving in Bali requires 150% focus.

I do kind of enjoy it though.

A driver will not get lost, you will certainly as there aret almost no road signs.

3. Re: How long does it take to get from Ubud to Amen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:18