We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Far to walk?

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Far to walk?

Is it far to walk from Seminyak to Legion or Kuta?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,071 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Far to walk?

Will take you around 20 minutes from the centre of Seminyak to get to the centre of Legian and around 15 minutes to the centre of Kuta from Legian. Depends on how much you want to do it, but often just wandering and window shopping can take you almost tht far without you realising it. Along the beach would be quicker and a lot cooler.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Far to walk?

When are you going to bali? We may be there at the same time. We are staying in Seminyak too and may pass each other on the beach walk. I'll be the one with the cricket bat, and I guess you'll be the one with the sunkissed nose.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Far to walk?

For a woman, via the shops, I'd say you wouldn't even notice that you'd ended up in Legian!

Only thing is, you need sunblock, sunblock and more sunblock - via the shops or via the beach!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Far to walk?

At the moment you also need to keep your head down as they are building new footpaths and drainage. On one side the footpath is non-existent and the other side has huge holes at quite close intervals.

You also need water whichever way you walk, beach or road.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Far to walk?

I'll be in Bali from Thursday, but staying in 4 different places, in Seminyak from 13th - ish. Should be nice and brown by then ;-)

I was thinking about walking in the evening, when the sun has gone in......the beach sounds like a good idea.

Holland
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Far to walk?

From The Legian in Seminyak it is 4.5 km over the beach to the Hard rock hotel in Kuta.

7. Re: Far to walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 04:17