We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak vs Legian and Guesthouse/Hotel recommendations?

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak vs Legian and Guesthouse/Hotel recommendations?

I'm a bit confused on the difference between Seminyak and Legian - are they really the same area? If not, how far apart are they? What do they each have to offer? What's the better area for a solo female traveler (early 30s) to spend a few days?

Any guesthouse/hotel recommendations? Looking for a place on the beach and relaxation.. walking distance to bars/restaurants/shopping, but not really interested in a crazy nightlife (hence the reason I'm avoiding Kuta). Budget under $150 US a night.

Thanks - I appreciate the help I get in these forums!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak vs Legian and Guesthouse/Hotel recommendations?

Legain and Seminyak are adjaent suburbs. I guess the difference is that Seminyak is a bit more trendy - that's how I would describe it.

It has great one-off boutiques, clothing, jewellery outlets and so on. However, both areas offer great shopping, restaurants and nightlife.

Generally it is often easier to get around in Legian, but it depends on where your accommodation is located in Seminyak- some are a bit out of the way and may require a cab to get into the heart of things.

I can't really help a lot in regard to places to stay that fit your budget. We stayed a number of years back in Legian at a little hotel named Rama Gardens - it would come in that price range. We enjoyed it, but there's so much available, I'm sure you will get more suggestions from others.

All the best.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak vs Legian and Guesthouse/Hotel recommendations?

Seminyak is a little more upmarket, but not expensive unless you go to the high end hotels and restaurants.

I did give a list previously for you, but here they are again.

Sari Beach

Dyana Pura

Pelangi

Jayakarta

Kumala Pantai

Ramada Camakila

3. Re: Seminyak vs Legian and Guesthouse/Hotel recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 05:18