We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
215 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

Can anybody tell me what the most convenient way to do this is please?

Thanks

Currumbin
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

Catch a plane to Lombok then you can catch a boat out to the Gilis. The plane takes about 20 minutes and there are few carriers (we went with trans nusa one way and the lion air subsidiary the other). You need to fly into Mataram and the harbor is probably a 30 minute drive away up past Sengigi. The airport taxis are fixed price to each area and quite reasonable. I had problems booking flights online from Australia. I think you need to pay with an Indonesian issued credit card. There are a few flights a day and it's easy enough to book when you're in Bali. The hotel we stayed at was good enough to book our flights for us.

There is also a fast cat that goes from Bali to Lombok and the gill islands....but it's not as fast as a plane and from memory, a little more expensive!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

Hi Uk-Girl

Myself and other regulars have posted a lot of infomation on the bali forum about getting to the Gili Islands. You can search the forum for more information such as the following link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k401…

Personally getting a fast boat from say benoa harbour OR Sanur will get you directly to Gili T without having to fly to Lombok then get to the port and then go across to the island.

You can book these boats or flights once you are in Bali. The price for the fast boats can be a little cheaper to purchase once you are in Bali.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

For convenience, then I agree with Snooky that one of the fast boats is the better option. For your ticket price you get a free pickup from the major resorts to either Benoa Harbour or Padang Bai, then it's roughly one to one and a half hours boat ride and you're straight there.

Although the flight can work out cheaper and it's a very quick flight, you have to factor in the time you spend at the airport in Bali before the flight, the quick flight time, waiting for your luggage at Mataram, the 40 min drive to one of the harbours, then the crossing.

If you plan on staying in Lombok then the flight is excellent, otherwise I would get a fast boat.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
215 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

Thanks Guys, thats great advise :)

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

go the fast boat. as said the boat ticket includes transport to boat to gili t. can ring and book when u get there. you'll be there before lunch.

the plane involves getting to aitport, flight, car, boat to gili t. maybe quicker or cheaper but not as easty.

below is info for gili cat which leaves from padangbai. i've caught this a few times. check website for latest info /prices:

www.gilicat.com

0361 27 16 80

081 337911733

The boat leaves from Padangbai – boat boards at 8:30 to leave 9:00 arriving Gili Trawangan at 10:30 am

When leaving Gili Trawangan, board at 11:00 to leave 11:30 arriving at Padangbai 1:30

6. Re: Seminyak to Gili Trewangan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 09:03