We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy big pack of spices?

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy big pack of spices?

Is there anywhere close to Seminyak that one can buy spices ie whole black pepper, vanilla etc?

Tried Bintang supermarket but no god.

Thanks!

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy big pack of spices?

Try Carrefour on Sunset Road.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy big pack of spices?

As rarefossil said Carrefour heaps to choose from

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy big pack of spices?

Denpasar Pesar/Market is a fascinating place...It is where the local people buy there food and daily needs. You can buy all manner of spices there. Whole stalls full of them. All kinds of foodstuffs are there. Also wonderful arrays of flowers for offerings & decoration..sacks of them line the pavements. Clothes, fabrics, sarongs, incense etc etc

This is not a tourist market. But if you like to explore more of Balinese life and culture, you may find it worth a visit.

It is a hustle bustle, nitty gritty place.. usually very hot and in some places a bit smelly. It has a great local feel and atmosphere.

Currumbin
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy big pack of spices?

I'd go to Carrefour too. If you are wanting to take spices out of Indonesia, you might have problems getting them through customs if they are not properly sealed. I tried to bring home some black rice that I had bought at a market, but customs took it off me. I have since bought black rice from a shop, which was branded and packaged with no problems.

5. Re: Where to buy big pack of spices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 13:17