We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grandma's hotel seminyak

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
grandma's hotel seminyak

hi all, looking at the grandma's hotel for next feb but can't find any reviews i know it's new but can anybody help me out? what are the rooms like? is there a pool? is there balconys? is there a place to sit out and have a beer? thank you inadvance

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

Hi jollyirishman

I walked past this hotel on the 2nd of October & there was still construction going on out the front. The rooms were ready to stay in, however no other facilities ready yet. There is a very small round pool yet to be completed along with a bar, retaurant & deli. They told me it would be completed by Xmas time - not sure if they will have it ready though. They had a very cheap walk in rate of 99,000rp per night for the room while the facilities were still under construction. Its pretty close to the beach & in a good position. Might be ok to stay in once completed but bear in mind, it's a budget hotel & the rooms sound quite small. Not sure about balconies. You could check out their website.

grandmashotels.com/hotel/grandmashotelscom-s…

Cheers

Nelly

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

thanks nelly

Melbourne Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

Oh dear, I have recently booked for the NYE period, the asiarooms website stated that it had a pool, restaurant and bar! Fingers crossed it is completed in time....

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

It's actually Grand Mas but I guess it will be called grandma's :) :)

Jakarta, Jakarta...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

I'm going to stay there this 6th of nov.. will let you know how it is..:)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
986 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

Lol lol and here I thought it was a hotel suited for the aged no steps no kids no noise and no bloody mozzies lol

Edited: 27 October 2011, 08:08
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
986 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

Lol lol and here I thought it was a hotel suited for the aged no steps no kids no noise and no bloody nozzles lol

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

We stayed there for 6 days – it was initially much of a gamble to have booked the rest of your stay in Bali at one place but we did it and no regret. Having said this be mindful that this is very much a no frill hotel. Expect a minimum service standard –i.e. breakfast, laundry not provided – however, these shortcomings would easily be compensated by a good standard of cleanliness (the cleaning guys really did a good job minus some misplacing of our stuff; forgetting to replenish our bottled water and shower foam, the rest is good I’d say). Despite being at one of the busier junction of Camplung Tanduk’s, it was relatively quiet at night and if you happened to need a quick dash into Kuta, Denpasar etc you’ll just need to flag a cab just outside the hotel or walk to the nearest taxi stand (albeit this is not really officially a stand by some standards, more like a small congregations of taxi drivers haunting spot) few yards away at the Drupardi + Camplung Tanduk junction. It’s a 5 minute walk to this side of Seminyak beach and in the opposite direction likewise a 5 minutes walk to some bars heading towards to Jalan Legian. I’ve stayed in Kuta in my previous visits to Bali and I must say that Seminyak was much easy going (both revellers and peddlers). Must try in the area include Sup Bontot (the latter is somewhat a rude word in Malay which could easily draw a chuckle among Malaysian travellers but apparently not so in Indonesia) and pisang goreng at Baku Dapa - a Manado-style restaurant while you are there! One last thing, nearly forgot to mention some parts of the hotel were still under construction during our stay but evidently this had been the least of a nuisance to us and we barely noticed a sound and the presence of workers shuffling about (the Balinese have a special ways of whisking them in and out under our noses, seemingly!)

SWScotland
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

Just down the road from here just now, still slot of work going on. One half looks complete the other is still a building site, wouldn't want to be staying there anytime soon I'm afraid.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grandma's hotel seminyak

I'm staying at Grandma's and typing from there right now!! It is fabulous - great, clean rooms that are exceptional for the price (Rp330,000 as a starting special). No pool yet and construction downstairs occurring for Bar etc.