We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

Hi guys,

im heading to Bali with a couple of friends next week. we are staying in Seminyak. we havent booked any accomodation yet.

the three of us are male, aged between 25-30.

we are looking for a nice hotel for approx $100 AUD per night (per person) and want somewhere with a pool and bar area. also somewhere quite social where we can mix with other people.

also, we want to avoid anywhere which is popular with young families, and ideally somewhere popluar with younger adults.

we dont want a backpackers or kontiki etc.

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Sean

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

The Breezes might suit you, check out the reviews. Pool bar is pretty good, not many families there, and with school hols yet to be started you should be safe. Close walking distance to beach, restaurants, and beach bars. You can easily taxi into the Legian/Kuta nightlife from here too

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

Breezes or Pelangi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

I second the Pelangi.

We stayed there in 2010 (two ladies in their 20's) and it was great. It's right on the beachfront and has a reasonable sized pool with swim up bar. We met some really nice (young) fellow Aussies sitting around the pool bar who gaves us some tips on the area. You will find the staff really friendly also.

Double rooms were less than $100 per night (prices might have increased since then though).

Only a short walk to bars along Jalan Dhyana Pura (5 minutes) or you could walk along the beach to Legian (10-15 min walk).Taxi would be best for getting into Kuta, but they are really cheap and easy to get.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

Yeah breezes sound like you guys...also check out ivory resort...pelangi is on the beach quite and small resort bait older but nice....also have a look at Bali mystique have garden bungalows and in good spot

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

I agree with breezes or Pelangi, just not a villa, no social life there!! In semiyak it is predominatly villas so you need to stay in an area I call North Legian [or south Seminyak!] Go to Potatoe head, a must for your group-if you can get organised and book one of the day beds at the front for the day I recon you'll have a sensational time!

Perth
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

I agree with Breezes, not that you'd see me dead there.

If you want to get drunk, love a noisy resorts, like being packed into the rafters, dont mind shotty management moving you from room to room because they've stuffed up your booking and are happy to get charged/overcharged for everything then the Breezes awaits you.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 12:11
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

Guys.....I would suggest La Walon in Kuta may be more what you are looking for. At $42 per double room, what you save, you can spend on Bintangs, cocktails and Bintangs! Its also not far from Seminyak.

I will be there from the 20th....buy u a drink at the pool bar!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,644 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

I'm with the others and would opt for Breezes. Breezes is certainly quite well located on the Legian/Seminyak border, and within spitting distance of the beach. There are plenty of bars and restaurants down Jl Dhyana Pura to suit most tastes - nightlife generally gets started after 11pm. Kuta can be a 20 min taxi ride away from Seminyak easily if the traffic is bad, so stick with the Legian/Seminyak plan and save yourself the taxi fare.

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

hey guys,

thanks for a great response. i just called the Breezes to book and would you belive it, they are fully booked!

they have some availability, but it would mean that we would have to move out half way through our holiday.

i'll give the pelangi a call now.

any other suggestions? like i mentioned, we dont mind paying $100+ each.

thanks.

10. Re: Seminyak virgin - Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2012, 11:35