We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

Solo Travelling in Bali for 4D4N

Mar 19, 2013, 9:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'd be solo travelling to Bali for 4D-4N (Mar 29-Apr 2). I've been overwhelmed reading a lot of posts and blogs lately about which place to stay: Seminyak, Sanur, or Ubud. I'm also planning of having day trips to temples, rice fields, volcanoes for a day or two. Do you suggest booking these in advance online like in http://www.ubudtaxi.com/ (if I'd be staying in Ubud) or are there other ways to do this when I am already in Bali.

I'm somehow thinking of this type of itinerary:

(Friday) Night 1: Arrival (almost midnight)

(Sat)Day 1: Temple Tour

(Sun)Day 2: Rice Fields/Mountainside Tours

(Mon)Day 3: Beach Activities/Paragliding

(Tue)Day 4: Shopping

Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

I would book all your activities in Bali.

For your beach activities i would come down and stay in Sanur.you can then take a morning trip the next day over to Legian/Seminyak or Kuta for all your shopping..

If arriving at midnight i would personally check in to a hotel in Tuban then head off to Ubud the next morning.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

TLM is spot on I think.

Yes I would also go to a hotel in Tuban and head off next morning...it is only just over an hour but is it something you want to do?

I also book stuff in Bali as it's cheaper.

I like the ideas of staying the last night down in the main area for shopping and Sanur is only 20 or 30 minutes from Legian/Kuta etc for the watersports (Or indeed Nusa Dua). Perhaps you could even choose the same hotel that you might stay in on the first night.

Having said that, Sanur does have some shopping, beach markets (see price guide top right and directions to Jenis and Tootsies) and Hardy's to name some if you do stay there.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

Thanks TLM for the suggestion. I surely need to change my itinerary. My main reason of staying in Ubud is to have easier access to most temples/ricefields/and other nature attractions of Bali. Since, it is much far from the airport, I wanted it to be in the first day or two then spend the rest of the days to a nearer place such as Seminyak or Sanur.

However, I've read a lot of bad feedbacks in Kuta area (Kuta/Legian/Seminyak) about being too crowded/touristy that's why I'm considering Sanur also. Is it better to stay in Sanur after Ubud then just pop by Seminyak for the experience.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 05:50
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

Hi PerthLovetoTravel,

I appreciate your reply. Seems you're rooting more for Sanur for a place to stay in. I've read a lot of positive things also about Sanur. Are the beaches there better than Seminyak/Balangan/Echo beach... meaning, finer sand, not so much rocks/corals and seaweeds?

I wanted to go to Nusa Dua but I believe it would take more time going back and forth if I won't stay there. I wanted my last days of stay in Bali to be nearer central area or somewhere near the airport but still have a lot access to shops for souvenirs, etc. or other interesting places.

5. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 13:47
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

Thanks Joshua for your suggestion. Helped me get my itinerary more realistic. Would definitely check out those places you've mentioned. Have you by chance tried tandem-paragliding- as I know one needs to get a 2-4 day course before you can do it on your own, which I don't have the time to spent. Are there a lot of companies or shops offering this. I found this site while I was searching online... triasbali.com/bali-activities/… don't know if the price is about right or if there are other with more affordable package.

7. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 13:47
8. Re: Need your suggestions on place to stay in Bali

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15