We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa 88 Seminyak

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa 88 Seminyak

Has anyone stayed at this Villa and if so what was your experience. Cant seem to find any reviews on the internet. Would appreciate any feedback before we commit to making a booking.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

are you sure its villa 88 and not villa 8 we have stayed at villa 8 quite a few times and they are great wonderful staff in jalan drupadi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Definately villa 88 at 88 JL Kayu Aya

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

soory dont know that one...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Hello

Did you find anything about villa 88?

I too want to book but am unable to see anything!

Am sure you are back from trip now!

Thankyou

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

I didn't see the original post as I was in Bali at the time and funnily enough about to move into villa 88 on the 19th of April :)

It was my second stay here. The villa is large with it's 4 bedrooms. Very nice Lounge area and the 2 main bedrooms are good.

On the April trip my adult son had the downstairs bedroom across from the pool and had a lot of trouble sleeping with a noisy pump located right outside the room. We tried to rectify it by getting the staff to turn off the pump at bed time which they did begrudgingly and they kept switching it back on anyway. Because of this bedroom I wouldn't stay here again, if I was travelling in a group that needed that room.

Having said that it does have a lot going for it, the location is great, down a short lane, right smack bang in the middle of Jl Laksmana/Oberoi (location,location!) and the price is right.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 00:26
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Thankyou so much for your quick response!

The noise may not be a problem as My Mum will give any orchestra a run for their money come sleep time!!

So appreciate the info. Looks a great find.

Cheers

:)

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Hi we where thinking about booking villa 88 for our trip in september. Just wondering what the noise from the street is like as i have 3 kids and what the security is like?

Thanks

Elga

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Hi Elga,

There isn't any street noise that I remember as such ie.traffic.

When we were there in April there was lots of roadworks going on in Jl Laksmana so it was very noisy then, because of those concrete cutting saws that put your teeth on edge. That should all be over with by now though I would think.

The villa is situated about 20m down a lane which is right next to a surf store with a large 'Hurley' sign on it which makes it easy to find. It is surrounded by a tall concrete wall and has a lockable gate. There isn't a security guard at night like a lot of villa's but the maintenance 'go to' guys live in a tiny little house just outside the gate and there always seemed to be someone awake so maybe someone is always 'on watch'. I think you will feel safe.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

Thanks for promt response.

One more qestion Is the property as it appears in photos? And is the pool clean?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa 88 Seminyak

It's funny how I've ended up possibly talking this villa 'up' when I very much doubt I would ever return to it personally :0)

Though it is showing some signs of age it is all kept very clean.

Elga you might like to pm me if you would like to know any more about it. Just click on my name (in blue) and then send me a message.

Cheers!