We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak area logistics

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak area logistics

We are coming from Ubud to Seminyak on a Sunday and our flight home is Tuesday morning. We paid a lot of money (for our budget) to get a villa with a private pool so we want to take advantage of that.

Would going to Tanah lot and whatever there is to see in that area on the way from Ubud to Seminayk make more sense than doing it as a side trip from Seminyak? Thing is if I do it from Ubud I would want to go earlier and would miss sunset as I want to get to the villa early in the day and not waste my whole day in Ubud. If I do it as a side trip I can just go the following afternoon for sunset.

I would save money on transport if I do it together but I really prefer to do what makes more sense.

Thank you!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
960 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak area logistics

As your time is limited I would visit Tanah Lot on the way from Ubud to your villa. Sunset is a special time at Tanah Lot but it is also special along the beach strip in Seminyak. Sunday afternoons on Seminyak beach near the temple is amazing to witness as many local families come down to enjoy the beach. It creates a great atmosphere.

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak area logistics

Thank you. If I understood you correctly it does save time by going from to Tanah lot along the way? How long is the drive approx. from Ubud to Tanah lot?

I like the sound of that as this way I can get to the villa before dark on Sunday, hang around a bit and have the whole Monday to lounge at the pool and chill at the beach :) Am I missing anything?

I will already see the whole south of Bali like Uluwatu Jimbaran etc before I go to Ubud.

Thank you!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak area logistics

Just be aware traffic from Tanah lot to Seminyak is a nightmare especially before and after sunset. We stayed in Canggu near echo beach last week and it took us 50 minutes to get to Potato Head.

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak area logistics

Wow so that in that case it certainly makes sense to skip the sunset thing if it will anyways be less driving coming from Ubud. Maybe the fact that I will catch sunset at Uluwatu will make me feel better about that!

Edited: 30 May 2013, 06:04
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak area logistics

You could leave Ubud mid-morning, visit Tanah Lot on the way through and be by your pool in Seminyak mid-afternoon (cold bintang in hand?). If you have already seen the south area then the best thing to do on your last day is make the most of your lovely villa and pool. And head to the beach for sunset.

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seminyak area logistics

Seems like from all the posts that it could be close to an hour each way if I attempt to go for sunset, which as pointed out seems hardly worthwhile. Is it fair to assume that the off the charts Tanah Lot pictures of sunset that google keeps on pulling up in not an everyday occurrence worth wasting several hours on?

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seminyak area logistics

I confirmed with the driver that we will do Tanah lot on the way from Ubud. Thank you all for the help with that.

My flight lands at 930 pm mid July. Is that a busy time that would be worth the money for VIP immigration?

Also what's the best way to get to the Hyatt Sanur where I start my vacation? My driver charges 75000 per person which would be 150,000 for the 2 of us. Is that reasonable or is it better with a cab?

melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seminyak area logistics

Your driver's quote seems to be roughly the going rate. I paid the same price this week to get from airport to Sanur. I am unsure what a taxi would charge. I also trialled the fast track immigration but to me it was not worth it. I landed at 1.30 pm and queues looked fine on that day but my luggage took forever.

9. Re: Seminyak area logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 13:49
10. Re: Seminyak area logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:20