We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Bali in August

nairobi
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Bali in August

hi!

my fiance and i are trying to work out a trip for our honeymoon to bali (getting married in august and leaving for bali the next day!) and we have finally settled on spending 3days in seminyak/kutu, 2 days in ubud and finish off with 3days in nusadua. we have been looking at some of the honeymoon packages that some of the properties have advertised and while they look appealing, not sure whether they would be value for money etc, is this something you can guide us on?

also, in seminyak, we are looking for a luxury hotel/villa with a private pool/plunge pool at a budget of max usd200/night. ive read some other forums where you have recommended villa kubu or amasya. are those still on your list? or are there any alternatives that you could advise us on?

for ubud we have heard a lot of nice things about alam shanti and are planning to stay there. how long does it take from seminyak to uhud? is it worth changing hotels?

also, considering we are going in august (peak soason) is there any advise n considering hotels etc that you think we should be aware of? after having spend so much time going thru some of the forusm have discovered that a lot of the negative comments have come from people who have visited bali in peak seasons....!

appreciate any advise

rgds

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

Congratulations for your upcoming wedding.

Seminyak to Ubud is less than an hour drive bya car. It's worth to change hotels as they are totally different. Ubud is the most voted place for honeymooners.

Peak season only affects if you stay in the hotel, not in a villa as villa is more private and you won't see other guests around.

I prefer Amasya to Kubu, they also have Uma Sapna, Villa 8, Mutiara Villa etc.

nairobi
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

hi ersano, thanks!

what about the honeymoon package concept ? is that recommendable or do you think its not enough good value ?

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

Hi Salkad,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Am not sure how much the honeymoon packages are - the ones that the hotel quoted you, that is; so it might be a bit difficult for us to tell you if it's value for money.

I just got back from The Amasya today and I have recommended it quite a bit on teh forum. I stayed there in April last year. HOWEVER, I feel that they haven't really maintained the place that well. The thing about Bali is that a lot of things are open concept and they use a lot of wood, which, when it comes into contact with water, ages very quickly, so I felt that they could've have done a better job of polishing the wood. Also, The Amasya is not very Balinese in design, so if it's your first time to Bali, I wouldn't recommend that. If you want something along those lines, there are some other villas around.

The Amasys is in a GREAT location for food. There are loads of places (very reasonable, and some are even quite cheap) just opposite the property and the one thing that drew me back there was the big pool.

My husband's favourite is Villa Kubu. I like that as well. However, it depends on what you're looking for. Do you want somewhere easily accessible? Big Garden? Leaning towards modern in design or more traditional? Big pool or just plunge pool? Are you afraid of mosquitoes? etc...

As for distance between Seminyak and Ubud, give yourself about an hour. I don't mind changing hotels, but some people don't, and you are flying out the next day after the wedding, so you might want to rest. It depends on what you like. In Ubud, it's more cultural. It's quite quiet at night, whereas in the south - Seminyak, Legian and Kuta, well there are shops to look at, clubs to go to etc.

Regarding August, if you're looking at a small hotel or a small property, I would strongly recommend that you book in advance. What you can do is email them now and ask them how's their occupancy rate like for the dates that you want. I visited Kunthi Villas and they were full - and it's June now - low season!

Hope this helps. :-)

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

As jade-du said, depends what do you get from the Honeymoon package to see if it's a good value. The Amasya rate for 1 bedroom is US$ 160.00 and they were fully booked when jade-du was there, so better to make your booking as soon as possible.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

Hi Ersano,

Actually I don't think that the one-bedroom was fully booked when we were there....we were supposed to get a one bedroom, but I preferred the length of the pool in the 2 bedroom. :-) We also managed to inspect the new one bedroom. Haven't downloaded pix yet though as am busy with stuff at home! ;-P

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

Hi jade-du, sorry, according to Amasya, they were fully booked since June 25th for the whole compound, nit just the one bedroom.

nairobi
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

hi jade du and ersano! thanks alot for your help!

the amasya has an offer of usd660 for three nights honymoon package with a candlelight dinner, spa treatment and other small perks included. was actually just about to confirm that when i read your last post! :) so now we're back to the drawing board..

we are looking to stay about three nights in seminyak area (most of the forums have suggested its better then mainstream kuta?) so we want some quiet but access to places like kuta. also looking for a private villa with a pool (we dont mind only a plunge pool). the amasya for example would have been great for us except that after reading your last message we are not so sure now. mosquitoes is not such a problem, we are from kenya and unless the balinese moz are a different genetic breed from our local mozs then we should be ok ;). appreciate your recommedations on an alternative villa! i checked villa kubu and looks very nice, they also have a package there for usd785++ for 4d3n. which looks nice, altho slightly higher then our budget. is there anything else similar to this?

thanks also for the warning on bookings! will def like to book by end this week once we have finally made our minds up! with all the decision making and disucussions on the wedding and the honeymoon, my fiance and i have decided never to get married again! ;)

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

You still can book the room only at the Amasya though, don't have to take the Honeymoon package. And you'll still get the honeymooners extras if you inform them, such as a cake or a box of chocolate or fruit basket etc.

Again, it depends on how long the spa treatments they offer you, a 2 hours spa will cost around US$ 100.00 up to US$ 200.00 for a couple. Let’s say you take the middle range, then the 3 nights + 2 hours already end up for US$ 630.00 and you won’t go anywhere with US$ 30.00 for a candle light dinner. So, the package is still a good deal if they give you a 2hours spa.

Otherwise you could take the spa and other offers once you are there. Take some fliers at the airport. Most spas offer a pick up service from your villa. They also have nice spas within a walking distance from The Amasya. You could get a 2 hours spa for couple for around US$150.00. The total cost will be less expensive than the package you were offered.

If you are still not sure about The Amasya, then Uma Sapna is less expensive with for their plunge pool villa, it's very small though compare to Amasya's pool

nairobi
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

thanks guys! we finally decided on uma sapna..! will let you know how it turns out!

10. Re: Honeymoon in Bali in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 01:17