We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadworks on eat st

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth WA
Level Contributor
446 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Roadworks on eat st

Hi there, a friend has just returned and told me that eat st is a debacle at the moment with roadworks and there are holes in road and footpath and every afternoon they hose it down and it turns into a slush of mud. They stayed at Amadea and said many people had cuts grazes and bruises from falling and tripping.

I've scoured TA for any other comments about this and can't find anything.

Wondering if she is exaggerating???

We go next Saturday so will be interesting to see for myself.

Cheers Chenin

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadworks on eat st

Not quite exaggerating. They are working on fixing the pavement which were a disgrace. The traffic is pretty bad and the walking can at times be precarious, but i didn't see anyome with injuires. If you watch your step you should be ok.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
446 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadworks on eat st

Thanks for that - so it's just like in every other st where they fix the pavements from time to time. As regulars we are used to that so won't be a problem for us!

Maybe my friend had too many bintangs!!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
557 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadworks on eat st

There was roadwork but I think it may be a slight exagerration

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadworks on eat st

Was there early Nov. They are redoing footpaths but only in sections (lol) tripping hazards are there so watch your step. Noticed this in Tuban also footpaths worse than normal while they (fix!) them! They hose so the dust isn't bad. Better to have wet under foot than dust everywhere!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Roadworks on eat st

We were there last week and walking along the street was difficult! Certain sections about 15m to 20m are finished, then there is no footpath and piles of dirt you need to walk around on the road. We also noticed that they were progressing quickly overnight and it will possibly be finished soon. Each day you could see an improvement. Didn't stop us walking up and down the street, but I wouldn't like to take a pusher!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roadworks on eat st

gosh... and i was thinking of staying at Uma Sapna...

reckon it'll be done by Jan 2014?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roadworks on eat st

Was there in July and it was terrible then! Traffic at standstills too because of it. Its a slow process.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roadworks on eat st

The road works is going on creating the new paths.

Silly doing the work during the day as it would of been finished by now if they started at 4am and finished at 11am daily instead of working over peek periods of the day.

Welcome to Indoensia

I use this section daily and it is a hazard for walking around at the moment, take a taxi

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roadworks on eat st

It was not great 5 weeks ago, have a look there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3U9cUZJgQ

Early afternoon.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roadworks on eat st

They're doing the same in Ubud, although the work takes place at night. Looks good where it's finished but it can be treacherous where they're still working. Wouldn't like to tackle it with one too many Bintangs under your belt!