We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
348 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

We (2 adults, 2 teens) are staying at Kutaville (Seminyak Square) and are trying to find a place to celebrate NYE.

For me it is important to have a nice safe evening, good food and music but for my partner and teenage kids it the most important to see great fireworks...

I am looking for something where we can walk to because I understand it will be impossible to get a taxi at NYE.

After searching the possibllities and prices I like Merah Putih (but they don't have fireworks), LV8(but here we 'll need a taxi) and although above our original budget, the SOS supper Club (presale at IDR2.000.000 nett). The W is really too expensive. The Samaya is maybe closer but their NYE is just a dinner with a violin player.

According to google maps it is a 20 minute walk to the Anantara but can anybody advice me if this is an easy walk? From memory there are some little lanes/gangs in Seminyak that I was a little affraid to walk through (pitch dark and barking dogs).

I really can use some advice or tips to spend NYE.

Or will it be an option to eat something near our hotel and just walk to the beach to see some fireworks?

Mentioned in this post
Kutaville
Kutaville
210 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
1,865 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Anantara Seminyak Bali...
1,537 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

It is about a 20 minute walk and there is a windy gang you could take but you would feel safer walking along the beach not having to worry about motor bikes zipping past and dark places which can be a bit daunting!

I love the SOS but it can get very hot up there and I am not sure what it would be like in the middle of the wet season! If you are one who doesn't mind the humidity you will be fine but I prefer going there when it is not as hot And humid! The sunset and service are amazing though!

As you said you could have dinner elsewhere then walk down to the beach! I'm sure plenty of others will have the same idea!

Have fun!

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
348 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

Thank you Hunter03 for your advice. We'll skip the SOS Supperclub for NYE, too far and also maybe too humid...

I think we will have dinner at Eat street maybe at the U Paasha or Ize (they both look nice) and just walk down to the beach at midnight or maybe we can enjoy fireworks from their rooftop bar.

Mentioned in this post
U Paasha Seminyak
U Paasha Seminyak
1,410 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
IZE Seminyak
IZE Seminyak
1,085 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

I can highly recommend Rumours in Eat Street the frozen margaritas are the best in Bali and the food is great.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
4. Re: Walking from SOS supperclub/Anantara to Seminyak square @NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18