We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
346 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

I read this hotel is open now. Only 3 reviews at TA yet so if anyone can give me some updates it would be great! I saw the pictures at their facebook page (looks amazing). I am thinking of staying here in a 2BR leisure suite in July. I am familiair with the location but if anyone can tell me more about the hotel and if it's fully operational I would appreciate this.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
244 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

We talked to a couple yesterday that had gone in for a look. Fairly impressive but only the ground floor is open for business. Opening rate of $265. Walked past today and it looks beautiful but a lot of construction work still going on. It is still very unfinished and noisy.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
346 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

Thank you for your reply Ellenor. I was a little bit affraid that would be the situation.... So I think It's better to stick to my reservation at the nearby Sing Ken Ken. But I must say the pictures of the Double Six hotel looks sooooo great.

Well I will just wait for a couple of weeks, I have a flex rate at Sing Ken Ken so I can cancell this one if the constructions at the Double six will end in the next few weeks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,576 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

Hi,

This precisely the reason why hotels have a Soft Opening and a Grand Opening.

Although it can typically vary between 3-6 weeks apart, I normally highly recommend that you don't book until *after* the Grand Opening, as it's the period of testing, as they can only have so many 'Dry' runs during Pre-Opening.

There's been a whole bunch of stories, of things going wrong during this period - and it's common, even with some five star hotels.

PS. The great majority of hotels with have 'mock' rooms on display, and the media release is usually one of these 'show rooms'. However, with some of the world elite brands, actually build mock testing rooms, up to a year in advance nearby their head office - so sometimes the picture you see, isn't an actual room in the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

We are currently staying at the Double Six Luxury Hotel and it is very good. The construction is actually from next door and yes, it is a bit noisy if you are outside, depending on where your room is, but is not really a problem inside the room. The construction noise is not an issue near the pool. We have been upgraded and the room is huge and well appointed. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the breakfast, which is included, is absolutely amazing.

mooloolaba
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

Hi! how much did you pay per night? - we are looking at booking 9 nights - too many in the one place???you said you got an upgrade - was that from leisure suite to ocean view?? - wondering if I should book ocean view or hope for upgrade???? Also on the map it looks a bit south - can you walk easily to the main stff in Seminyak??

Cheers

6. Re: Double six Luxury hotel Seminyak any updates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:17