We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap eats

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap eats

hi, going to be in seminyak the first week of July and would like some recommendations for some cheap and really yummy food. I don't really like eating inside shoppind centres if I can help it. I've stayed in seminyak a couple of times before and know there are heaps of nice looking cafes but they are not that cheap and basically I can do exactly the same thing anywhere in Sydney. Suggestions? Also someone said there is a great Melbourne style place for breakfast lunch.Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap eats

I'm confused, you say you want to avoid places that are the same as in Australia , then you want a Melbourne style place. I live in Melbourne and we have a massive variety of restaurants including breakfasts styled after American, European, English, Australian, Yum Cha and other Asian types just like in Bali. What sort of breakfast are you after?

Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap eats

Hi sarah,I have to agree with cosmo..Having said that,I have found some of the best value for money meals along Jl Camplung Tanduk and the warungs on the beach end.As for your comments re not that cheap.The last time we went to Lucky Day in seminyak my partner had 3 baby lobster with chips and salad for $11. I had dusted squid for $9. And it was all lovely.Hope you have a wonderfull trip.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap eats

Are you talking about "The Junction" as the melb style place. Not quite sure what difference is between a melb and Sydney style though!

I love Ryoshi for cheap Japanese (just near Bintang supermarket)

Also a fan of the warungs on the beach for nice lunches.

sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap eats

Sorry that was very confusing, I meant it was started by a guy from Melbourne.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap eats

Hi Sarah

Do you mean Sisterfields? Owner is from Melbourne, chef is from New Zealand apparently. I had some great smoked salmon sliders from there yesterday.

Cheers

sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap eats

Yes I do , thanks a lot!

7. Re: cheap eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17