We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance please

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
Level Contributor
204 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance please

We have been to Bali before but never actually stayed in Seminyak nor have we rented a villa before. We are hoping to be there for 1 week end July/beg August, but are undecided between a few different options. We would appreciate any assistance which will help us decide between the following regarding

- a peaceful location but not too far away from restaurants/shops, proximity to a clean, calm (non surf) beach although we did not like Legian/Kuta beach so may not use it (hence our decision for maybe a pool villa but one that is sunny), also a place not geared towards families.

Our choices are all different types - comments would be appreciated from those who know them or have stayed in them. They are: Villa Coco, Desamuda Village or The Colony (not necessarily in that order.) Thanks in advance - we hope you can help.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
777 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance please

Bit confused as Seminyak is not near a nice calm beach - it's the same beach as Kuta beach.

I would probably go for coco villas if I could afford a pool villa. Desamuda looks a bit cramped to me (no real garden in their villas). The colony is quite nice but the pool is pretty public in that you have no real privacy while lounging around it, which doesn't appeal to me. The location of the colony is great though.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance please

Hi

The big advantage for you is that the Colony Hotel is extremely well located, far better than the other two as far as I'm concerned plus there are no children allowed to stay there - i believe it is for guests 16 and over. That is the one that I would go for. It is only a small boutique hotel so you won't be bothered by the crowds anyhow.

cheers

3. Re: Assistance please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:16