We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

Hi All :)

Am heading over next week and it will be my first stay in Seminyak (usually a Legian holidayer)

Can anyone reccomend any bars/resturants/hotels that have cheap cocktails. I do understand that being Seminyak cocktails are going to be around $10AUD but i am wondering if i can stretch my luck and find anywhere cheaper to sit and drink cocktails day/night ;)

Thanks in advance :)

South Pole
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

If they are too cheap, you have to wonder about the amount of alcohol in them, or more importantly, if it's going to poison you.

$10 ? I'd be happy to pay $10 for a quality cocktail. last cocktail i had back home was $24, and it wasn't even any good,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

$10 is actually pretty good for a decent cocktail. I'm sure as you know (especially being from Geraldton- great town) that the basic price here in Australia is at least $19. I second nolongerjustkidding. $10 including taxes (around 21%) is a pretty standard and decent price to pay for something that you are fairly certain won't make you sick.

Cheaper ones might have inferior product that runs the risk of methanol poisoning from a backyard distillery. So ask yourself whether a possible hospital stay is worth the $3 you might save per cocktail.

If you really must have a cheap cocktail, you're better off staying in your hotel for happy hour 2-4-1.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
961 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

Agree with previous posters: cheap cocktails aren't something I'd go out of my way to find in Bali. You generally get what you pay for.

There are plenty of happy hours where you'll get a good deal though. Maya Sayang restaurant has two for one at happy hour, as do many other places.

If you are desperate you could order a fancy mocktail and slip a little something into it from a hip flask or water bottle I guess!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

Zappaz bar in Seminyak had 2 for 1 specials in May up. To 730pm. Excellent mojitos.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 10:34
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

With Bintang so cheap I wonder why anyone drinks cocktails...

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

Pauly B - it's quite simple, some of us don't like the taste of beer. In my case though, I don't drink cocktails either. Nor spirits........just wine!

7. Re: Cheap cocktails in seminyak? Does it exist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now