We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomadation

bristol uk
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Topic
accomadation

Hello,is there any other accomadation in Mawlamyine besides the 4 that seem to show up on websites and L.P, eg Cinderella,Breeze Guest House,Attran,Sandalwood,Aurora.I will be arriving by train about 4 pm and seeing it will still be daylight,i prefer to wander around and find a room

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: accomadation

How many days are you allowing to spend in Mawlyamine and Hpa An? The area is really spread out so if you don't have your own driver and want to see everything and not be scrambling around, I'd suggest 8 days or so in that area.

Last time around, I made my way down from Bagan by bus stopping en route in Magwe and Pyay for a few days each. Those are cool places, especially Pyay, which has some amazing historical sights (old ruins, cool temples etc) that very few tourists get to (or know about).

bristol uk
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: accomadation

I'm at work now,finish in a hour,will look up your pics when I get home,expect a few more questions if you don't mind

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: accomadation

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: accomadation

Hi,

There is a lot to see around Hpa-an and Mawlamyine, as well as Bago and golden rock. We spent 5 days in the area. My bog has a lot of our info and photos - they are on a few separate posts all accessed from my Myanmar page : …blogspot.com.au/p/myanmar-may-2013.html If you can, spend a extra night up on Golden rock and do some hikes (as Maneki did that looked amazing).

Hope this helps,

- K

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: accomadation

KGB

I'd only recommend those hikes if the person was quite fit. I climb mountains on a regular basis and around Kyaiktio, you will be scaling several mountain ranges, lots of ups and downs and quite a distance. It was a great workout for me. :-)

16. Re: accomadation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2016, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Mawlamyine