We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

Which Angeles City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

Hi, I am starting to look at our next holiday destination. I once saw a photo of a gorgeous white sandy beach somewhere in Philippines (of course I can't remember where it was though!) and was wondering, if we flew into Manila where could we get to easily from airport for us to have a holiday that is a lovely beach location? We don't mind travelling from the airport but don't necessarily want to take another internal flight but would consider a boat trip to an island if it wasn't too far. Once I have an idea of where place's are and what they are called I'll be able to access the correct forum for my research. Many thanks for any replies.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

sorry, meant to post this in the general Philippines forum!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

You might want to check www.wowphilippines.com.ph to see where you would want to go. It's going to be a a fun idea to take an interisland ship to your beach destination since it will give more of the island feel experience. However, it will soon be peak season for these interisland ships and they have a tendency to overload hence risk safety.

For the interisland ships visit www.superferry,com.ph and www.negrosnavigation.ph for their destinations.

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

Hi I would say that you are talking about BORACAY Island.Fantastic place best kept secret in Australia.It is 45 minutes by plane from Manila. I would suggest you go by Seair Airlines. If you want to feel safer use Philippines airlines but it is a two hour bus trip at the other end.

I would suggest that you stay at Lorenzo South resort.

Rex

california
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

When is the best time to go to Boracy? I've never been. I'm here now during X-mas, but someone told me that if I go now, I'll be like the only one there. Is that hotel expensive?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

Xmas is quite a busy time in Boracay.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

If you saw a [icture of a white sand beach in the Philippines, it could be anywhere! Seriously!

Boracay is the most built-up beach destination and can be quite crowded and pricey at times (my opinion). It will certainly rock thru the holiday season if you can get a room.

Many other beaches of note and as easily to reach as Boracay abound. I recommend Samal Island of the coast of Davao. You can have the best of both city and beach in a ten minute boat ride. Of course, you must fly into Davao which is a n hour and twenty minute flight from Manila on all major domestic airlines.

From Manila, you can also consider Puerta Galera which is a hour bus to Batangas pier and another 45 minute boat ride.

Subic is kinda close (er, three hour vehicle ride), but the beach scene is not that great, IMO.

Good luck and have fun!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

Puerta Galera is hardly better than Boracay. Except perhaps in terms of diving.

8. Re: holiday destination easily accessible from Manilla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Angeles City