We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet place in Angeles

Which Angeles City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Quiet place in Angeles

I'm a family man who will be visiting the Philippines later this year. My wife is from an area in Pampanga about 45 minutes from Angeles but I've become a bit spoiled and would prefer to stay in a hotel instead of roughing it in the province. The catch is, I would prefer to stay in some place that is quiet and would not expose our children to the partying and revelry that Angeles is known for. Can anyone recommend a nice quiet hotel with decent prices? I'm not too worried about being close to the action, infact, I would prefer to be away from the action, but would prefer not to spend as much as the Holiday Inn Clark.

I have looked online but I am not at all familiar with Angeles so I would greatly appreciate any help offered.

Any oppinions on the 590 Condotel?

BTW, I'm not a killjoy teatotaler, just that my priorities are different now.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

Hi, I've lived here in Angeles since I was born. From the criteria you enumerated I was going to suggest Holiday Inn Clark but since you said you wouldn't want to stay there, my only suggestion is The Oasis Hotel. It's a business hotel so it should be quiet there.

Do you know the address of the 590 Hotel so I can look for it? There's been a lot of new hotels sprouting around the city and I am not familiar with them.

There are two new hotels in Clark namely the Fort Stotsenberg Hotel and the Orchard Hotel but I can't give any opinion since have not visited them yet.

dallas texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

Sorry, I got the address wrong, it is the 950 Condotel and the address is 950 fields Ave. It is located above the Mr. JJ supermarket. Here is the link via Margarita Station website:

www.margarita-station.com/hotels/950.html

If you would be so kind, could you help me understand the "lay of the land" so to speak. I'm not familiar with Angeles except through it's reputation from when Clark was still in operation as a US air force base. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

You said "Sorry, I got the address wrong, it is the 950 Condotel and the address is 950 fields Ave. It is located above the Mr. JJ supermarket."

You are right in the middle of lots of bar activity if the hotel you want is right over the JJ Supermarket. Perhaps something on MacArthur would be a little better if you want to avoid the bars and nightlife!

How much per night do you want to spend? I thought the A-7 Square Apartelle looked pretty good! This is a new place, looks almost like an apartment inside. I did think it was overpriced but without many customers perhaps you could get a discount. Their telephone number is (045) 892-2757 or (045) 892-6503. Their starting price was around 2200 per night. Have your wife talk them into a lower price - this is a nice place!

Link to a map of Fields Ave. and JJ Market:

http://www.acmap.com/map.asp?map=f4

Good luck.

Washington, UK
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

I have just come back from Angelesl. I, too, was not interested in the shenanigans. I stayed at the Ponderosa which is well away from Fields. It is VERY PRIVATE. When I was there were no families staying but Sunday lunchtime families did turn up for their Sunday meal and a swim. There is a children's pool as well as a deep one. There is a bar with girls but they are not tarts. The meals are very good. The rooms are basic but very clean. TV with 50+ channels. There is absolutely no trouble there. Steel gates. Security guard. No one is allowed in without the permission of guest or management. There is internet connection - see MaiMai on reception. If you like I will put you in touch with my friend Rose who lives in Angeles and works as a waitress at Ponderosa/ She knows the scene (I taught her) but she is not part of it. She is very moral and principled, honest and I would trust her with my life. I have to get her permission to give you her email address and cell phone number. She will look after you well. The room prices? Mine was P1100 per night, double bed and single bed, shower etc. The boss's name is DaddyBones. The owners are English/Australian and they pay their staff above the going rate because it is a very different hotel from the rest. There is a jeepney on the hour every hour into town. Resty is the driver. Noel does the night time bar. Jinky is the "mamasan", Grace the cashier. Your family will enjoy it there esp if Rose looks after you. It is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

I am not connected with Ponderosa. I was a paying guest and will return. Search under "Ponderosa" in Angeles, Luzon. You will find the tel no and address there with photos.

Peter Doherty

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

JJ's is definitely a very busy area with jeepneys and noisy tricycles plying that route. There's also a wet market right beside it. And, it's very close to the action.

western visayas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

there is nothing wrong with hana hotel at 1000ish peso. away from the action and very well run. a bargain, you dont need the holiday inn ,your relos would find out the price and hate you

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

check www.dmresidente.com.ph

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

I would recommend Swagman Hotel or even cheaper the Patio Inn next door. I hace stayed at both and they are very quiet. Last trip I was at the Patio Inn and it was just so quiet and the beds were comfortable. I had my wife with me.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

Are there other hotels in Pampanga, aside from in Angeles?

10. Re: Quiet place in Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 07:19