We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

Hi,

is it possible to arrange the hike at a local tour company only when i reach angeles city, how much time is needed to arrange for the hike up? and any good tour company to recommend?

Thanks & Regards,

Des

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

WR, I am not trying to dissaude you, but I hope that you are aware that two or three French tourists along with a couple of locals if I recall correctly died when undertaking a tour.

Presumably many more visitors have since journeyed there and emerged unscathed, but it is sensible to have this in the back of your mind before you arrange a day trip there.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

That is correct Victorianlad and proper arrangements have to be made to ensure safety.

The control of the area has been handed over to the Aeta. This local indigenous people have inhabited the area around Mt Pinatubo for over 600 years.

It is safe to visit but avoid it during the rainy season and only use tour operators who are accredited by the Department of Tourism.

More information is contained here: http://www.visitmyphilippines.com/ and specific information on www.visitmyphilippines.com/index.php…

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

hi, thanks for the update, so can i say that is not safe to go up there anymore?

Regards,

Des

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

No, it is safe to go there now but make sure that the tour operator is accredited by the Department of Tourism.

However, I would not personally go there during the rainy season which is July to October and then I would wait until December to give the ground time to dry put.

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

nice to know that is safe to go there now. by the way do you have any good tour operator to recommend me? i will be coming to angeles city next month.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
54 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

I contacted the group called Travel Factor (www.travelfactor.multiply.com OR www.travelfactor.org) - contact numbers on their website.

I also tried Goodpace's contact when he did his climb -

Jho Mallari at +63-921-844-7479.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

try www.dotcpcvc.gov.ph where they might have Mt Pinatubo as a destination.

or www.wowphilippines.com.ph

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

Hihi,

Thanks everyone for the advice, I already book a package thru http://pinatubospatown.com

Regards,

Desmond

9. Re: arrange a hike to Mount Pinatubo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 05:17