We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
angeles couple friendly?

My wife and i are very liberal,and enjoy nightlife a little risque o.k .Have had lots of fun in Phuket.... Is Angeles .."couple friendly".

Thankyou

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: angeles couple friendly?

Yes, even family friendly if I may say so. Only certain parts of Angeles City would be termed as "red light" areas.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: angeles couple friendly?

I always go there with my wife and we bar hop together and love it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: angeles couple friendly?

As much as I would like to say yes, the problem with Angeles is the nightlight is very limited, catering to one type of cliental only. Eating out is basic and the few restaurants are nothing special. But if you wish to people watch, some men behaving badly – I could think of no better place.

Unlike Phuket there is little else to do, especially during the day, apart from “malling” and bar hopping.

I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.

4. Re: angeles couple friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2011, 23:05
Edited: 08 November 2011, 23:05
Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: angeles couple friendly?

I have to agree with Screensilver, I have been to Angeles, with my husband, and I felt uncomfortable, it is not at all like Phuket! I would take my Grandkids there! The whole theme of Angeles is like how to get that girl!!

It did not help that I had a gold chain ripped from my neck while I was there.

We are not prudes , I have been to Bangkok many times , Phuket is like a second home, I just felt like I was the only Western woman there, and it made me uncomfortable.

We went to other places in the Philippines, Boracay, and Oriental Mindooro, and I had the best time, just Angeles I would not go back!!

Lindy.

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: angeles couple friendly?

Your slight pause (...) and use of quotation marks in "couple friendly" made me think you didn't get the answer you're looking for.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: angeles couple friendly?

it is couple friendly..you do not have to be in the RED light zone...many nice places to eat on MacArthur..hotels on Clark..etc. etc...shopping and eating and moves at the SM mall...Not to fret..its great...

Angeles City...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: angeles couple friendly?

Let's face it, most western women will feel very uncomfortable in Angeles City. Every guy who sees her is reminded of why he came to the Philippines in the first place and also are feeling sorry for the poor buzzard who dragged his baggage along in order to keep the peace at home.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: angeles couple friendly?

I think people that make comments about western woman or couples in angeles are uninformed. its a community first not a ring of prostitution. At night, MacArthur is full of great places to eat, drink and gamble. Its not about hookers...

10. Re: angeles couple friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2011, 20:44
Edited: 11 November 2011, 20:44