We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasses repaired in Angeles

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Glasses repaired in Angeles

I know this is a strange question but I cannot get my glasses repaired where I live without a shop having to send them overseas and for it to take weeks. I would think there would be a number of shops that can replace lens in Angeles City. I am there for 6 days so I am hoping I can finally get them repaired. Perhaps in the mall nearby the strip.

I cannot remember seeing any Optical shops last time I was there, then again I wasn't really looking.

Thanks in advance.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

Executive optical or Ideal optical in Marquee mall. Casaje optical in SM city Calrk. Why not get some new glasses if you havent had your eyes checked in last 2 years, you can get good deals on top european lenses like the french lenses Essilor

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

Just buy a new pair.

Spectacles are so cheap here it isn't worth wasting your time.

If you do want them repaired, get them fixed when you go home.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

I am not in agreement here, if you have basic lenses, fine go for it, but if you have astigmatism or any special needs its hard to get them cut in the Philippines, especially if you want ultra thin lenses. I have never been able to find them and cost for lenses in Philippines is not cheap. regardless of the frames.

My hubby sat on this glasses and we went everywhere and no one would touch them. Our last stop was Sarabia, they took them, sent them to Divorsoria. He got them back in 4 days, cost of P150. They looked brand new. We were shocked by how cheap it was and how professional the store handled it.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

Thanks all, I will go to the Mall and see if it will take a few days and at what cost.

My frames are rather expensive and the problem is that one lens fell out and broke. It would be a shame to just throw them away for a cheap pair. Having them repaired means I will save money overall....I hope.

They are just for reading (+2.0) so nothing would be too problematic about the lenses.

FSRP01, I cannot get them repaired in Papua New Guinea (where I live) very easily and the cost is marked up 200% with having to wait weeks and weeks for them to be sent to Australia and returned.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

Just buy reading glasses at Watson's (SM Clark) or at the SM Department store. They cost 199.00 Pesos.

Edited: 11 December 2012, 17:35
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

mall reading glasses are not for everyone.

7. Re: Glasses repaired in Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:17