We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Angeles City

rome italy
Level Contributor
282 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Angeles City

hello

I'll have to make a stop of one day to Angeles for connections with flights to Boracay I heard around that there are security issues, robberies, muggings, etc. have told me about teenage gangs that surround the unfortunate to rob bags etc and many shops defend themselves with armed guards.

the thing I was afraid I would not ruin my vacation to have to spend a few hours here ...............

someone can give me some info??

are these things true??

thanks

greetings

C

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,738 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Angeles City

I've been to Angeles several times and its not that bad.

Use common sense and you will be fine.

There were many tourists there today and I walked around my hotel last night to go out to dinner. Security guards at the front of hotels and establishments.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Angeles City

We lived there, visited friends there and pass thru there often and have never heard of or witnessed what you described. As noted, always take common sense with you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Angeles City

cris54,

What you have mentioned is true but ........ such incidents also happened in other countries, not just Philippines.

Do not do what you will not at home.

Dress down and do not flash your valuables. If you see some street kids, just walk briskly and avoid them.

Do not bring too much cash with you. Just bring enough to last you for what you wanted to do.

Bring your common sense with you. Don't leave it at home. :)

rome italy
Level Contributor
282 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Angeles City

thank you for your answers

I will use common sense as you recommend but it is good to be informed

sure that can happen anywhere, not only in the Philippines ........................

I live in Italy but here there is not much crime in the streets

so I'm not used to thinking of this

I hope I will not have problems

greetings to all

Cris

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Angeles City

I'm not familiar with the various neighbourhoods there, but perhaps some regulars could recommend some of the better hotels or areas for the OP to stay?

rome italy
Level Contributor
282 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety in Angeles City

I have already 'booked MINT the Best Western should be pretty central ....

7. Re: Safety in Angeles City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 11:09
8. Re: Safety in Angeles City

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 16:18
9. Re: Safety in Angeles City

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 11:09
10. Re: Safety in Angeles City

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Angeles City