We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai to Manila or Angeles City

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
210 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai to Manila or Angeles City

Hi All,

I am wanting to visit Manila or A.C. (or maybe both) for my upcoming birthday. I will be flying from Shanghai and noticed airfare to Manila is reasonable. I am a single guy who is coming to the Philippines to unwind and have a fun birthday. I'm hoping for something along the lines of what I'd find when I went to Pattaya for my birthday in the past. For a single guy looking for nights (and days) of fun, is A.C. a better choice? Or do both Manila and A.C. have fun nightlife spots?

I've heard that Angeles may be better if you go with groups of people and there's not as much to do during the daytime as Manila (?). Also, I heard people try hustle you more aggressively in A.C. compared to Manila. But I know in either place you need to be ready to haggle or be on the lookout for anything dishonest. I've lived in Asia for three years, so this won't come as a shock to me. Anyhow, any advice on the main differences between the two would be appreciated. Currently I've been working a lot, so some R&R in Manila/A.C. would be welcomed when my birthday rolls around!

Thanks!

Edited: 22 July 2014, 10:03
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,361 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai to Manila or Angeles City

I guess comparing cities like AC to Manila is like comparing Hangzhou to Shanghai. It depends what you are looking for. AC has a greater concentration of "girlie" bars in a smaller area.

You could consider visiting both as its only about 80 kms between the two.

BTW I loved Hangzhou when I visited as it was a very pretty city.

Tommo

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
210 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai to Manila or Angeles City

Thanks, Tommo! That's also true, if I fly into MNL, why not see both? It'd be fun!

Thanks man, I like it here too! It's more relaxed than Shanghai and there's still enough to do at night time. But, Shanghai is a cool place also!

3. Re: Shanghai to Manila or Angeles City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16