We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khanom in June

Which Khanom hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool
Level Contributor
97 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Khanom in June

Planning a special birthday trip in June with a friend ( 2 couples). Because of the time of year been advised to consider Koh Samuii although would have preferred somewhere like Krabi - come across Khanom today in my searches - just wondering what the weather is like in June?

any help about weather, hotels, things to do, where to eat, drink etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khanom in June

The weather in June in Khanom is pretty much the same as Samui. Khanom is not a tourist area at all and there is very little laid on for tourists (which I like). If you want a traditional area with a few hotels, miles of empty beaches, little to no night life (apart from a couple of beach bars), little to no shopping, a few local eateries and maybe a trip out to some natural areas then this is the place for you. If you want more tourist stuff laid on, go elsewhere.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
97 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khanom in June

sounds perfect - thanks

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Khanom in June

Just been there, got back last night :-)

It`s like Cassnu says, Very much a Thai beach and nothing like Samui or Phuket. Deserted beaches except at sunrise and sunset.

Early closing, our hotel shut up shop at 8pm and left us sitting alone enjoying a beer without asking for the bill. There was a more hedonistic beach bar close by, but they only lasted to around 10pm.

Very friendly and even got a environmental refund for not wasting the electricity :-)

Definitely need transport to get around. The village/town is about a mile inland.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khanom in June

"There was a more hedonistic beach bar close by" - hedonism in Khanom? :-)

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Khanom in June

I`m easily pleasured ;-/ They had a swing too.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khanom in June

Swing or swinger? ;-)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khanom in June

I agree with Jamie and cassnu is very quiet but that has pluses for some.

My suggestion would be that of course you don't have to spend all the time in one place, you can do Koh Samui perhaps a couple of nights in Khanom and if the weather is ok head over to Krabi. It is not busy in June so you do not have to have a pre-planned fixed schedule, perhaps book 4 nights on Koh Samui and then plan onwards from there.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 16:45
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khanom in June

I think the 'hedonistic' bar referred to might be CC bar, pretty sure they have a swing:

http://ccbeachbarthai.wordpress.com/

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khanom in June

" ... and cassnu is very quiet but that has pluses for some." - I'm sure Monica really didn't meant that! ;-)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khanom in June

Ha ha, I'm anything but quiet although if I was it would probably be a plus for someone.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 01:44