We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Star Resort - Location

Melbourne
Level Contributor
85 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Star Resort - Location

Hi, I'm looking at staying at the Sea Star with my family in Dec 11 and I was wondering if it is within easy walking distance to restaurants, night market etc. Not a biggy but I've read mixed reviews about the food at the Sea Star, can anyone confirm. Thanks Phil.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

Hello,

Right, is quite easy to get to the Restaurant to comparison with other hotels in Phu Quoc island and it take you about 15' for walking to the night market ( 1.5 - 2km) t. But the problem is it not located right on the beach.

Cheers

Jerry

North Carolina
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

Ummm, Sea Star resort is located RIGHT ON THE BEACH - hence the beachfront bungalows. It is not located out on the main road (Tran Hung Dao). You have to go down a small dirt road (from the main road) to get to the resort. The service and selection at breakfast did not leave us with any desire to try them for other meals. Aside from that, three meals a day at the same place gets old fast.

There is a restaurant out on the main road in front of SeaStar but we didn't try it. It was a tour bus meal stop and we tend to avoid those.

I would say the resort is within walking distance to some of the restaurants on the main road. You could walk to Duong Dong town if you REALLY enjoy walking. Some of the walk at night has some dark places and there are no sidewalks. Not much fear of robbery more fear of being hit by car, truck, bus, motorbike all of which have right of way over pedestrians. We rented a motorbike for the duration but it can be argued that is not much safer. Otherwise we would have taken a cab up there (use Mai Linh).

Look at the resort addresses to get some idea of the locations/distances. The Saigon Phu Quoc is the closest to the night market (other than the resort that sits right next to it in Duong Dong town - can't remember the name). Saigon Phu Quoc, Blue Lagoon, Thein Hai Son, and A74 Hotel are right next door to each other in that order. Most restaurants are across the street from these and not too bad of a walk distance wise to the night market - very dark patch between there and town at night.

Hope that helps.

3. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 23:42
Edited: 23 March 2011, 23:42
Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

I agree with everything said by outatouch, particularly the poor quality of the breakfast and service at the Sea Star restaurant, though reading the reviews some people seem to love it. On our last day we had lunch at the restaurant at the end of the lane which is used by tour buses and it was one of the best meals we had on Phu Quoc (second to Ocean Bar and Grill which was superb but a whole different animal!). We were disappointed that we didn't go there for lunch every day. I also agree that the walk at night to the market would be pretty dangerous as there's no street lighting and poor pathways. As taxis cost such a small amount of money and are easily available it's not worth the risk.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
679 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

Catch a taxi cheap and saves walking in the heat and dusty roads.

There were plently of easy walking restaurants on both the main road and the beach when we were there. All the hotels along the beach have a restaurant and it is a pleasant walk at night .Cassia cottage had the best icecream...................We stayed for a week at Sea Star only had breakfast there and found plenty of places to eat at .

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

We stayed at Sea Star for 3 nights.We only had the breakfast,we ate at the shack next door right on the beach called i think Sunset.It was lovely ,they would put small tables out at night with candles & you could watch the sun set .We loved their banana shakes & fried rice dishes !!!

7. Re: Sea Star Resort - Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island