We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early May?

Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in early May?

Me and my girlfriend are planning on visiting phu quoc. I will be grateful if someone could tell us what the weather would be like in early May. I have done a search but I'd be grateful for some up-to-date information. has anyone visited during this time. could you also give us some recommendations on what to pack in terms of clothing and any accessories and might need for this time of year.

Thank you Bryan and freya

Newcastle
Level Contributor
277 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in early May?

We have been to Phu Quoc three times now, our first visit was in May 2007 & since then we have been in Feb & March. If I had a choice I would rather go earlier in the year bit I certainly wouldn't not go in May. Just be aware it is hot & steamy & it is going to rain. The rain didn't stop us from doing anything, we rode motorbikes, swam, snorkelled & generally had a fantastic time. The only recommendations I would make are take plenty of sunscreen , a long sleeve shirt to protect from the sun when you are walking Or riding bikes etc, the sun is very strong. I would take a torch too, of you walk down the beach for dinner it is handy on the way back ( depending where you stay) . I think the big thing is you will get rain so expect it, how much, who knows . We only had one afternoon. of heavy rain, but it has rained every time we have been there so who knows . Have a great time, it is a fantastic place. ColVal

2. Re: Weather in early May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island