We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Mosier, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

What is the best way to get from PP to Phu Quoc. We will be traveling 11/23/2012.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

MariFax - do you know if Mekong Tours does PQ to PP?

I can't find anything on their site.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

We followed exactly the same route as fairies21 in November 2012, but a year later (November 2013) and it seems to still work the same (including medical check, which seems now to be replaced by paper work for which you still pay $1). Times we also similar: pick up at 7 and boat in ha tien left at 1.30 pm. We booked these tickets via our hotel in Phnom Penh for $ 30 pp and it included the bus and boat. The tickets where from delta adventure travel company, but the busses carried signs from Anna tours or something similar.

We were fairly insecure if we would get there the same day given the mixed and negative reviews, however for us it worked out OK. So it is possible :-))

(We experienced more probs leaving phu quoc as our flight to hcmc was delayed by 1 day unexpectedly (vietjetair only notified us 1 day in advance).

Good luck to all travellers to phu quoc. It's definitely worth it.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 10:41
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Apparently the free visa at Ha Tien border into Vietnam has stopped so make sure you arrange your visa before you get there.

Madrid, Spain
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Los que habeis realizado la ruta Phnom Pehn- Phu Quoc atraves del rio mekong tambien me gustaria saber si habeis ido a ver los mercados flotantes o unicamente es transporte.

Cuanto os ha costado y en que agencia lo habeis contratado

Muchas gracias

Vienne, France
11 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

It was really tough to find a bus from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc, but finally we were successful.

ATTENTION: Giant Ibis, Sorya & Capitol Tours do not longer offer bus services from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc.

In Phnom Penh you should take a TukTuk and tell the driver to go to SUN LEANG EXPRESS TRANSPORT SERVICES. There you can book an all-inclusive trip to Phu Quoc (bus service to HaTien [including free pick-up service from your hotel] & fast boat [Superdong!] to Phu Quoc) via Mekong Delta Tours. They speak English very well. The whole trip takes around 7 hours, 1 hour longer than they tell you, and costs 30$ per person.

Address: #78, St.136, Phsar Kandal I, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh

Mobile: (+855-0) 16 428 716 / 70 428 716 / 17 428 716

While waiting in HaTien you should also buy a taxi ticket to your hotel (to Long Beach 3$ per person), because taxis in Phu Quoc are very expensive. Long Beach is the only small city of Phu Quoc, to another beach a little far off expect to pay at least 10$ extra (for the car).

From Phu Quoc back to Phnom Penh go to TROPICAL SEA TRAVEL OFFICE.

Another name for it is HA TIEN - PHU QUOC TRAVEL.

The price is cheaper here, it's only 25$. In fact it is exactly the same company that offers the trip.

Address: 73A Tran Hung Dao St.

Telephone: (+84) 77 39 80 272 / 39 94 916

Mail: hatientourism@gmail.com

The manager at Phu Quoc is extremely friendly and speaks English very well. If an assistant cannot help you can ask for her. Her name is Nguyen Hong Chau - telephone (+84) 915 857 015 / 964 058 881

Seinäjoki, Western...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

What bus company to use for this route? Mekong Delta Tours is recommended, but I cant find any info about them online. Does anybody have an email or a website of Mekong Delta Tours?

I found Delta Adventures, and they even sell online tickets for Phnom Penh - Phu Quoc route for 28 dollars, all inclusive. But I read here, that Delta Adventures has bad reviews. Although I think the reviews are all about Mekong Delta tours or Chau Doc boat tours.. I'm still wondering whether to take a taxi from Phnom Penh to border, or buy an all-inclusive bus&boat ticket.

Ha Tien, Vietnam
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

There are a couple of companies in Phnom Penh that offer through tickets for this route.I have used"Champa Mekong Travel" a few times.They are based in Street 90,or you can book via your hotel or any travel agent.I've never had a problem with them from Phnom Penh,but there are conflicting reports about reliability from other people.The journey from PP to the border(normally via Kampot )t akes about 4 hours,and is timed to co-incide with the departure of the 13.15 ferry.It isn't guaranteed,as there could be delays and it's possible-but unlikely that you could miss the ferry.If you don't mind paying a bit more,you should be able to get a taxi from PP to the border-expect to pay about 60USD-then take a taxi or moto's to the ferry (taxi about 200,000VND or a moto 3USD p/p )

Seinäjoki, Western...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Thanks alot for your message!

Yeah, we were thinking about maybe taking a taxi from PP to the border. The only concern is, that how likely the ferry is sold out? If we're at the border, let's say at 10.00am and at the dock 11.00, are there usually still tickets left? It's during peak season, we're there 4th of january..

Ha Tien, Vietnam
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Well it's possible that the ferry would be sold out-not very likely,but a possibility.It tends to happen more on a Friday/Saturday or a public holiday.4th Jan 2015 is a Sunday so should be OK.As far as I know it's not possible to book in advance except as part of a through ticket.

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

The ferry is busy during the weekends that coincide with major holidays e.g. NYE and TET. Normally you can get a ticket. Once you arrive at Vong Beach, Phu Quoc you can take a taxi or a shared mini bus into "Long Beach". The taxi will be about 150,000VND or $7.50USd and the shared minibus is only 30,000VND or $1.5USD

Also, you can take a motorbike taxi to the border, which is much cheaper.

Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island