We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Famiana Village?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Famiana Village?

Famiana Village

http://famianavillage.com/

Does anyone know anything about this new resort? They've got a great special going on Agoda right now but I'm hesitant to book without some kind of review.

Looks like they have a nicer resort linked, named Famiana Resort & Spa.

Any information would be great!

Thanks ^^

1. Re: Famiana Village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2016, 19:23
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Famiana Village?

Famiana Village (3 star) will open in Nov 20th, 2012, share the beach with Famiana Resort (4 star). This has hill view meanwhile the resort has ocean view.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Famiana Village?

A couple of new reviews came out on this resort. There were in German so I had to translate, that is why so many errors. Seems they let you use the faculities at the more expensive Famiana Resort (across the road)

Beautiful area, but verbessrungswürdiger Service

Very tasteful resort, beach across the road 5.7 Famiana Village is a facility that is not on the beach but on the other side of the road. Very tasteful rooms, a large pool and friendly staff. Breakfast very small. Soup, toast or omelets, pancakes. Additional charge you more. Price / performance is not quite appropriate. It could, however, the pool and the beach resort of Famiana be used.

Anika H.

Other

Germany, November 26, 2012 Very new hotel. Small teething problems.

Beautiful Bungalows and charming complex. 7, the hotel has been completely reopened. very clean and nicely furnished bungalows. particularly pretty directly with the bad windows in the green nature. Some things have not worked properly, like eg the warm water or wlan. the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the English language skills were not very good, so that the communication was very difficult sometimes. The breakfast offered is certainly room for improvement. what there was was delicious and fresh. you could offer in addition to the breakfast are other gastronomy. nice is that you can joint use of the beach resorts opposite.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Famiana Village?

Here is a map. Gives you an idea of the layout of the two hotels. For Famiana Village you have to cross the road to get to the beach: famianavillage.com/Files/image/mbth%20F.jpg

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Famiana Village?

This is quite new resort as mentioned in previous reviews: we ventured for it and really don't regret!

It is situated a bit further from the sea (~350-400m), just across the road from Famiana resort. Famiana Village belongs to Famiana resort...it's like a child resort with slightly less luxury and nature view instead of sea view, it is also much smaller. You can use Famiana resort pool, sunbeds, etc. It has roughtly 10 bungalows containing 2 double bed ensuite rooms along sides of the pool. It rewards with its peaceful green scenery, blooming hibiscus bushes and hanging garden of orchids.

The bungalows are very nice, equiped with air-con and fan, for those who can't part with the western world it has flat screen TV with channels in multiple languages. The room has free of charge safe for your belongings, fridge & wi-fi. Few days we struglled a bit getting wifi signal and it is a bit slow but it all seams to get sorted within a day's leadtime.

The swimming pool is excellent, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The rooms are cleaned daily and so the towels changed.

Breakfast is not a feast: as described in other reviews you get soup, pancake, fried egg, or some cooked platter to choose from. You can choose two dishes from mentioned above plus a fresh drink like fresh squeezed juice ( pinneapple, watermelon, mango, orange)...on top you can drink coffee and tea as much as you want :). They also provide bread, butter and jam and choice of two salads free to serve to yourself. They do attemp to provide a bit of variety daily....but in 2 wk time i think you'd get pretty much borred. Nevertheless you can get enough food to keep your stomach full till 6pm and then head to beach to get some tasty BBQ.

We found also that breakfast quality went a bit lower when the resort got full, e.g. juice choice not always available.

Main town is roughly 5km away and you almost can get to it by walking by the sea and the last km turning on to the road. If you get early you can get to the market to get the fruits supply (the morning/day market is in different location from the night one which is in majority the grilled seafood market) the staff is very helpful and can cut for you the fruits provide a plate and you can store it in the room fridge!

Also i found it a bit disadvantaging that breakfast starts at 6am and finishes by 9am...not a big issue as it gets quite hot by 9am and you usually wake up but it is not a long morning in the bed....

The best and very pleasant was our welcome: we got fresh juice on arrival & check-in and then also got complimentary plate of fruits...

Overall, i would definatelly recommend this place and would gladly come back in quitet season!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Famiana Village?

This is quite new resort as mentioned in previous reviews: we ventured for it and really don't regret!

It is situated a bit further from the sea (~350-400m), just across the road from Famiana resort. Famiana Village belongs to Famiana resort...it's like a child resort with slightly less luxury and nature view instead of sea view, it is also much smaller. You can use Famiana resort pool, sunbeds, etc. It has roughtly 10 bungalows containing 2 double bed ensuite rooms along sides of the pool. It rewards with its peaceful green scenery, blooming hibiscus bushes and hanging garden of orchids.

The bungalows are very nice, equiped with air-con and fan, for those who can't part with the western world it has flat screen TV with channels in multiple languages. The room has free of charge safe for your belongings, fridge & wi-fi. Few days we struglled a bit getting wifi signal and it is a bit slow but it all seams to get sorted within a day's leadtime.

The swimming pool is excellent, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The rooms are cleaned daily and so the towels changed.

Breakfast is not a feast: as described in other reviews you get soup, pancake, fried egg, or some cooked platter to choose from. You can choose two dishes from mentioned above plus a fresh drink like fresh squeezed juice ( pinneapple, watermelon, mango, orange)...on top you can drink coffee and tea as much as you want :). They also provide bread, butter and jam and choice of two salads free to serve to yourself. They do attemp to provide a bit of variety daily....but in 2 wk time i think you'd get pretty much borred. Nevertheless you can get enough food to keep your stomach full till 6pm and then head to beach to get some tasty BBQ.

We found also that breakfast quality went a bit lower when the resort got full, e.g. juice choice not always available.

Main town is roughly 5km away and you almost can get to it by walking by the sea and the last km turning on to the road. If you get early you can get to the market to get the fruits supply (the morning/day market is in different location from the night one which is in majority the grilled seafood market) the staff is very helpful and can cut for you the fruits provide a plate and you can store it in the room fridge!

Also i found it a bit disadvantaging that breakfast starts at 6am and finishes by 9am...not a big issue as it gets quite hot by 9am and you usually wake up but it is not a long morning in the bed....

The best and very pleasant was our welcome: we got fresh juice on arrival & check-in and then also got complimentary plate of fruits...

Overall, i would definatelly recommend this place and would gladly come back in quitet season!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Famiana Village?

Great review. One thing i am not clear on is the guests that mention the fish under the glass floor in the rooms. Is this in all rooms?

8. Re: Famiana Village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 09:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Famiana Village?

Very exciting to read a new review as we are arriving at the hotel tomorrow morning! Great information for sure and pleased you had a good stay. It would be good if you can copy it to the official review section for future ease of reference.

We have a deluxe pool room so looking forward to the fishes. Famiana was literally the only decent option left when we were booking (quite late) for all our dates and I am already happy I took the leap of faith. Look forward to adding my own review in a week or so, although I am normally too lazy to write after getting home!

How much is the taxi from the airport? And did the driver find it easily what with it being new?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Famiana Village?

I dont think there is an official review section yet. Someone from the hotel will have to start one and they havent so far. I think famiana resort has one though and the two hotels are kind of combined since you can usefacilities at both.