We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Hi I was wondering I am traveling from Sihankoulville to Ha Tien to Phu quoc! Is this the best place to go? or is there somewhere better to go near Ha Tien???

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Phu Quoc is lovely and so is Kep in Cambodia if you like chill out places. Go to the TA Cambodia Forum for more info on Kep. But before leaving Sihanoukville get your Vietnam visa from the consulate there, quickest turn around anywhere, only 15mins for a visa and cheaper than getting one in NZ. There are ferries leaving for the island and there are Phu Quoc experts on this forum who will provide up to date info on them.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,381 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

I would certainly 2nd DirtyPierreOnTour advice. Way to go, especially getting the visa. Took me all of 10 mins,

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
134 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Best.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Go there and enjoy the rustic feel of a Vietnamese island. I sense that development is on the way so make sure you see it now IMO.

Mark

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

vietnamtravelagency

It is called 'Trip Advisor' not 'Trip Comment to build up my profile'. If you don't have something to offer, don't respond!!!

Mark

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

Phu Quoc was glorious and that's where I and 3 friends spent our last 4 nights in Vietnam, we needed down time...oh to be back now, sitting on Rory's deck looking out to sea with a cocktail...

South Wales
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

We spent 4 night of our 2 week trip at the Chen Sea Phu Quoc, it was heaven!!

8. Re: Is Phu Quoc worth the visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island