We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

Hi, We will be on PQ next week and note that the afternoon ferry from Rach Gia docks at An Thoi, is this an issue. How far is it away from Duong Dong, and how much should a taxi cost or is there a bus? Also, is Duong Dong a good option,we like both beach and a bit of nightlife, and not expensive?

Are there places we should avoid?

Many thanks Alan

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
198 reviews
1. Re: Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

Well the whole island is only 50klm long so I am guessing from the An Thoi to the township of Duong Dong then back down again to where most of the resorts are situated on Long Beach is about 30 to 35klm but even so taxis all over Vietnam are very cheap to hire at 12,000dong per klm.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

Many thanks, I didn't want to stranded there and vulnerable to the taxi touts.

Cheers Alan

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
198 reviews
3. Re: Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

To be honest I have never found the taxis on PQ island anything but honest and friendly which is a marked contrast to the ones found around the Ben Thanh mkt in HCMC.

4. Re: Getting from An thoi to Duong Dong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island