We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

Hi, we are travelling to this area in the summer. Just wondering is there a mall in the locaility, and what is the night life like.. We have 3 nights in the area. Ideas on things to do

Thanks

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,055 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

Although I'm not up around there much, Woodcliff Lake and environs is a "bedroom community" with some corporate parks in the area also. Primarily single family, low population density housing. I don't think there's much going on at night.

Is there a reason you've picked this area? You're close to NYC but it will be something of a pain to get into the city from there.

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

No we have a wedding there in May, so was just wondering what activities we could do on the days other than the wedding day

thanks

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,055 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

I'd go into NYC, though it will take about 75-90 min

Assuming that you will not have car:

(From the Wikipedia entry:)

Woodcliff Lake is served by New Jersey Transit on the Pascack Valley Line at the Woodcliff Lake train station. The station is located at Broadway and Woodcliff Avenues.

This line runs north-south to Hoboken Terminal with connections via the Secaucus Junction transfer station to New Jersey Transit one-stop service to New York Penn Station and to other NJ Transit rail service. Connections are available at the Hoboken Terminal to other New Jersey Transit rail lines, the PATH train at the Hoboken PATH station, New York Waterways ferry service to the World Financial Center and other destinations and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service.

-----------

For train schedules, see www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv… and put in Woodcliff Lake and Hoboken (Hoboken itself has quite lot going on at night). Once in Hoboken you can take the PATH train into NYC. Or, instead of going to Hoboken, you can go to Secaucus Junction and pick up another NJ Transit train into NYC. The latter is probably a bit faster

You can also pick up a ferry from Hoboken which will give you a lovely trip, though more expensive than PATH www.nywaterway.com/FerryRoutesSchedules.aspx

There does not appear to be any bus service into NYC from Woodcliff Lake

If you have a car, then you can go into Hoboken or drive into the city

Edited: 27 April 2010, 19:32
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

I do have clients up there. There is a shopping mall off the first exit off the parkway not including the rest stop. I have attended conferences at the Hilton. If it was like most normal weddings you will probably be to busy to do anything really. I beleve coach USA has bus service from Woodcliff Lake to NYC. My dad used to work on the Pascack Valley line so I will ask him

Edited: 27 April 2010, 19:58
Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

Thank you for all your responses

We will prob be busy alrite witht the wedding.. We can alsways check out the mall. We are going totravel in to NYC after the wedding.

Thanks Again

6. Re: Woodcliff Lake and surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Woodcliff Lake
More Woodcliff Lake Topics