We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chimayo trip report - Rancho Manzana B&B

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Chimayo trip report - Rancho Manzana B&B

We had a terrific two-night getaway recently at the Rancho Manzana B&B. It's tucked away on a country road right near Rancho Chimayo (which we walked to both nights for dinner). Chimayo has good food and margaritas, but not much of a wine list if that's what you're interested it. If the weather's nice, eating dinner on the upper terrace is just delightful.

Rancho Manzana really grew on me. A very small "cottage" room, barely enough room to put your clothes, but the setting was serenity itself, right down to the lily pond and large yard, where we enjoyed some wine and munchies before dinner. Owner Jody is an L.A. transplant with a great sense of style and, I might add, an excellent cook. Breakfasts in her kitchen were fabulous. I appreciated lovely and authentic decor, and especially the narrow full-length mirror on the back of the bathroom door, and other thoughtful touches (but no shampoo in the shower). A nice change of pace from all the faux-Southwestern stuff in many of the lodgings.

We drove out to Bandelier National Monument - about a half hour away - and did a great hike on the waterfall trail that goes all the way to the Rio Grande. Not too strenuous, but bring water and snacks on a hot day, it takes about 3 1/2 hours. I love the wide-open nature of this part of the country, you just can never feel crowded.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chimayo trip report - Rancho Manzana B&B

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm glad you found a fun place to stay! I will keep Rancho Manzana in mind for future reference.

2. Re: Chimayo trip report - Rancho Manzana B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Chimayo