We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rancho Manzana B&B in Chimayo, NM

Which Chimayo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Rancho Manzana B&B in Chimayo, NM

After many anniversary stays in Santa Fe, my husband and I decided to try something different. We drove about 30 minutes (or less) to reach Rancho Manzana in Chimayo, NM.

The room was perfect! Lots of windows with lovely white curtains & our own deck (great for star-gazing). I loved our view...fields, apple orchard, and a huge organic garden with mountain glimpses through the trees.

The history of the place is so interesting. Jody, the owner, lent me a book all about the history of Chimayo's original plaza (of which her building takes up one side). We had a great meander through the apple orchard. My husband appreciataed the hot tub for his sore back, too. The grounds are pretty large. With the apple orchard, outside tables (under beautiful old pergola covered with grapevines), lily pond - what a perfect place to read, draw, or just think.

And let me tell you, the breakfasts were amazing! Jody was gracious to accommodate all our food allergies (gluten, dairy, etc.), too. A definite bonus. And something about the coffee...YUMS!

The room doesn't have a TV, so be prepared for that. But there is wifi. Also, no shampoo in the shower. We did go to Rancho de Chimayo for dinner one night. Not my favorite restaurant - but it was fine.

All in all, it was probably our most relaxing B&B experience ever. I really enjoyed it and hope to go back. Thanks, Jody!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rancho Manzana B&B in Chimayo, NM

Thanks for the info. Chimayo is such a wonderful place, and a relief from Santa Fe for a night or two. I do wonder if there are any other restaurants in the Chimayo area?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rancho Manzana B&B in Chimayo, NM

Your comments about Rancho de Chimayo interest me. We went there many years ago based on great recommendations in travel books... Jane and Michael Stern had it in their old Road Food/Good Food book.

We were underwhelmed the first time... and have gone back a couple of times since over the years... and we always end up saying "yeah... OK food... nice enough place..." but just can't get back the old excitement.

Sounds like we might not be the only ones who have seen the old place outgrow its humbler origins...

Not to take away from your comments about the Apple Ranch... sounds like a great place!

3. Re: Rancho Manzana B&B in Chimayo, NM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Chimayo