We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV trip to Chimayo

Which Chimayo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
RV trip to Chimayo

My husband and I are taking our three teenage boys on our second RV trip. Our first was planned by a professional RV travel company. On this trip, we wanted more flexibility with our schedule. We are heading to Chimayo from Santa Fe and continuing on to Taos. How are the roads in an RV? We would also like to stop at El Santuario to visit. Will we be able to travel there in an RV? We are trying to decide if we need to rent a car as well. On our last trip it was a little time consuming to unhook/rehook everything for each side trip. Maybe some experienced RV families can help. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: RV trip to Chimayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 16:47

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV trip to Chimayo

Thanks for your advice. Sounds like a car is a good idea for short trips around Santa Fe. One more question if you don't mind. My mother's family is from Northern NM area including Springer and Wagon Mound. My original plan was to RV from Albuquerque to Raton and then circle back down hitting Springer and Wagon Mound. We would base out of larger areas like Santa Fe, Taos, and maybe Cimarron. I would love to visit churches and cemeteries , as I have family records going pretty far back and very elderly relatives to visit. Is this a better trip done in a SUV type car? There are some interesting hotels up that way. Thanks for any help. I haven't been back to that area in over 30 years.

WalkerMom200

3. Re: RV trip to Chimayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 16:47

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RV trip to Chimayo

Thanks so much for all your info. This makes planning so much easier. Really appreciate your advice.

WalkerMom200

Reply to: RV trip to Chimayo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chimayo