We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside Cabin?

Which Red River hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Riverside Cabin?

Does anyone know of a good riverside cabin that sleeps 2-4 and is not crowded in with other cabins on either side? Thank you in advance for any help.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverside Cabin?

Brian,

Does it have to be in Red River? Last weekend I visited a friend that was staying in Amalia, NM (just north of Red River) and the cabins on the ranch sat right on the banks of the Rio Costilla. The cabins are done well and the proprietor, Jim was a nice friendly fellow. I was impressed with his operation. Here is his link;

http://cottonwoodmeadowranch.com/

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverside Cabin?

Brian, my husband and I are staying at Arrowhead Lodge in Red River. It's not right on the river but it is set back off the main road and it's nice and quiet, esp with the forest on the backside. It would be very affordable stay with rooms starting at $60/night. If I had to guess I would say the river is only a block away. That's the best part of Red River...everything is only about a block away!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverside Cabin?

Thank you both for the advice! I'll check them out and let you know where we end up.

4. Re: Riverside Cabin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Red River