We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

Which Roswell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

Ok, I'm not about to sit here and write about what I believe and what I don't believe, because I am neutral and I haven't seen anything with my own eyes but wouldn't over-rule what others have seen.

Our family went on this long vacation throughout southern Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and back home to Kansas. Well, our radio had not worked in our car since a week after we got the car, which was April 2005, and we were told that the equilizer was burnt out and the whole system needed to be replaced. Well, we were in Roswell about 2:30 or 3am and decided to take a little rest in the Wal-Mart parking lot and when we woke up to check the time, the radio started working! It has been about 4 days since we've been back home and the radio is working just fine! I don't know what happened, we don't know how to explain it, but something happened. We were told that we might have hit a bump and knocked something back into wack, but we know that's not that because we went on tons of bumps hills etc and it never worked until Roswell. We checked the time and radio before we left Tuscan and inbetween cities because of the clock.

Anyways, we didn't experience any sitings or anything like that. It was just weird how our radio just started working like that. Can anyone explain it?

snflower05@cox.net or snflower05@yahoo.com or snflower1976@aim.com

Thank you,

Charity

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

snoflower - What can we say? That is why we are called The Land of 'Enchantment'. You should send your story into the Roswell newspaper. I am sure they would love it. Perhaps something magnetic. I know that geologists say that there are magnetic fluxes in the rocks in volcanic and teutonic areas. But if that awere the case then our CDs would be messed up. Hmmmm....

Google the Taos Hum for another good story. or check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taos_Hum

Thanks for the good story.

Roswell, NM
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

Hi snflower,

I live in Roswell, NM and I loved your story. Now let me tell you one. 99.9% of the time when we see the clouds coming from the west over the mountains of Ruidoso, they see Roswell and split right in half and go around the town and come back together when they get east of town. I see it all the time. There is something here, I just know it.

Thanks for your story..........SOMETHING IS IN ROSWELL, NM

tiggerlilly62@yahoo.com

New Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

What you are seeing is a topographic effect. Roswell is basically in a valley. The storms often, not always, deteriorate over the mountains to the west. South of Roswell the valley decreases and what there is goes east. The further north you go the higher the altitude and again the valley that remains is to the east. East of Roswell you ascend the plains just east of the Pecos River. This is where the really big thunderstorms begin. That is why you have more frequent and larger storms to the east of Roswell on the Plains. Roswell has storms but not nearly as often or as large. Its topography.

Tampa, FL
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

The aliens in Roswell have been known to target non-working radios in the Walmart parking lot in the dead of night. Very creepy - happens all the time.

Either that or the Bigfoot of the Southwest (known to be highly technologically advanced due to alien experimentation on them) fixed it for you after using his smell to put you into a deep deep sleep.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,981 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

If we go to the Teutonic areas as mentioned above, we sure would be enjoying Germany. beer and sausages! I think that poster meant Tectonic areas! Who knows why or how your radio decided to work. I doubt the "aliens" are still in the area, as the UFO supposedly crashed 60 years ago! Most likely they have all moved to on Vegas, or NYC!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

I never saw the original post, but am glad it got bumped up--great story! Wonder if Sunflower's radio is still working to this day??

Roswell, NM
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

great story!

I grew up in Roswell, and I never really believed any of the UFO stuff. I moved away when I was 19, and just recently moved back with my family who'd never been here before. My boyfriend told me a day or two after we got here that when we got into town that first night, he could "feel" something as we entered town. He described it as an invisible dome. That night we found a star in the sky that never moved and looks like it's blinking red and white.

Who knows. maybe there is something here, but I just never knew it because I grew up with it...

8. Re: Our little visit at Roswell, New Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Roswell