We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botswana, South Africa, Victoria Falls

indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
19 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Botswana, South Africa, Victoria Falls

We are planning our first trip to Africa this February--Victoria Falls 2 nights at Toka Leya Camp, three nights at Duba Plains in Botswana, three nights at Tubu Tree Camp in Botswana and then 4 nights in Capetown and Wine Country. What do you think? We got some unbelievable rates in Botswana and I realize its green season. Will our animal viewing be so compromised? Or does it depend on the guides? I don't mind hot weather and rain (within reason), but I'm concerned about not seeing wildlife. We really found it attractive to be "out in the wild."

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Botswana, South Africa, Victoria Falls

Hi Ann...great itinerary that you've got planned! My husband leads photographic safaris - they often use Duba Plains as their destination, so they have visited this wonderful destination many times, and at many different times of the year. They have not yet gone there in February, but they have in March, which is only a month later, and the game viewing in March has always been phenominal...especially of course the lion-buffalo interaction which Duba Plains is so famous for! Not sure about the game viewing that time of the year at Tubu, as I haven't been there during Feb.

Toka Leya is a wonderful choice for Vic Falls...definitely one of my favorites! I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful trip!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

2. Re: Botswana, South Africa, Victoria Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve