We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

South Africa
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

I am needed some help choosing between Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge (with Elefun children centre); Londolozi with their Junior Tracker program or Singita. Any advise or recent first hand experiences ? Also how many nights would one recommend - choosing between 3 to 6 nights ? many thanks

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

For families with very young children, I find Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge to always be firm favourite. Their Elefun centre really is great! Londolozi Varty Camp is also family friendly and would also be highly recommended. Unfortunately I have no experience of a kiddies program at Singita, so cannot comment on that as an option for young children. as for how many nights - I would say as many as possible! For the adults for the safari experience, and for the children because of all the fun they will have. Many people say that you "shouldn't take your kids on safari for too long as they might get bored" - well, my 3 year old daughter is already counting the days until our next safari, as she just loves all of the fun and activities at the lodge, and even 6 nights at the right lodge would not be too many for her!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

South Africa
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

Thanks Tanya. Your response and input most appreciated.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

Hi Staffsol,

You can also have a look at Kirkmas Kamp or even Ngala Safari Lodge in Timbavati. They also have excellent kids programmes.But I think the your oriiginal choices in terms of the lodges(Sabi Sabi and Londolozi Varty are overall probably better.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

Consider family friendly, Emdoneni Lodge and Cat Rehab Center as well near the Elephant Coast. Three or four nights are fine. Adult game drives start at 6 am or 3 pm.

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

Hi there Jonagold

The lodges that the op has asked about are actually all located in the Sabi Sand, quite some distance away.

Thank you

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

Just came back from a 9 day trip to the Sabi Sand and Timbavati reserves with my 3 children (ages 5, 10 and 12). I agree with Tanya - your kids will probably love it but for very young children I would say 3 or 4 nights at one lodge is long enough. Both Londolozi and Sabi Sabi are very kid friendly, and both have fantastic traversing areas. You won't go wrong with either of them.

Enjoy!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

7. Re: Choosing the best reserve for a family with young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve