We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Sabi in November

Memphis, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Sabi in November

I am trying to pack very light and was wondering if a jacket would be needed in early November. People say it is hot in November but will I need long pants and jacket for early morning and evening game drives? I know the temperature will be hot during the day, but confused how cool it might get in mornings and evenings.

8 replies to this topic
1. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 15:58

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

I'd pack a rain jacket and a jersey but no need for a thick winter coat. And if it does get cold you can just wrap yourself in a blanket, most lodges supplies blankets on the trucks.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

We were there last November,usually lovely, but occasional sudden storms, fantastic lightening so take an umbrella and a very light waterproof.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

Hi Newbie10101,

November will be great. Evenings should be warm, and days should be hot. You may need light longs for early morning and evening game drives...basically what everyone else has said.

Enjoy. Hope you have a great time.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

We have always found it warm enough to not need jackets in November, but everyone has their own level of tolerance when it comes down to what is cold. I would pack a fleecy for the morning and evening drives just in case, if you are staying at a private reserve they may provide rain jackets or ponchos for evening showers or storms.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,436 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

You see the word - storms - in the postings.. They can be spectacular, but commonly blow through relatively quickly. Nighttime temperatures will be moderate, and you will be OK with the long pants and a jacket. Hat or cap, too.

Skukuza is the closest weather station to the Sabi Sand reserve, and this site can show you the weather there:

accuweather.com/en/…1142521

Use the 'Month' feature to look at last November's weather: accuweather.com/en/…

I was in the area the first 5 days of November.. and I do remember how nice it was.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Sabi Sand Safari

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

NOVEMBER (Average Max : 32° C/90° F Average Min : 22° C/72° F)

The days now become warmer and the chances of afternoon showers greater. The general appearance of the bush is now green and the grass starts to coppice. This will attract the grazers like zebra, wildebeest and buffalo. The flow of the Sand River will also increase and become more steady. Plenty of migrating birds will arrive to take advantage of the summer conditions. Some of them would have come from further north in Africa and some would fly all the way from Europe. The characteristic Woodland Kingfisher arrive and their trill like call joins the melody of songs as many of the birds begin to make their nests. The end of the month would see the arrival of the first impala lambs.

Leighanne - Inyati Game Lodge

8. Re: Weather in Sabi in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 19:37

Reply to: Weather in Sabi in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve